Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Sonic Forces/Mania)
Despite how the series is doing and how the fanbase is... We still love that Blue Hedgehog. We all have played at least a Sonic Game in our lives, i remember playing the first 3 way back when i was a little child, my brother was a fan of the games.

But this a Thread for in honor for it's 25th Anniversary and also because is Anniversary Party Today.

At 6pm PST. (Depending where you live)

Sonic Mania Announced!

~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Finished Spyro's Adventure... Next is Giants.
Stream Delays & Knuckles. I haven't seen something this unstable from a professional stream in some time.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
The Party started. Let's keep an eye on the stream.
(07-22-2016, 05:43 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote:
Despite how the series is doing and how the fanbase is... We still love that Blue Hedgehog.

Not me! Truth be told, I absolutely DESPISE SONIC! Oh, I'm not talking about the series, I mean the actual character. He's just too much of an egomaniac for my liking.
I like him in the Sonic Boom series just a little better, but not by much.

Almost (and I do mean almost) every other main character to the franchise - Tails, Amy, Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow - I really like them. I just can't get past Sonic's behaviour to give the series a red hot go.

Sorry for being a party-pooper; I just felt like I had to say it at some point.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
Sonic Forces Debut Trailer

I'm more Excited for Project Sonic
I love Skylanders with all my heart,I also like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot too.  Sleepy
I think both look interesting, wait and see.
Skylanders Youtube Channels: Legends of Skylands | Skylanders Music Channel
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Battlecast Cards List with .png images: BattlecastCards.com
I cannot wait for those two games!!! I'm just a tiny bit more excited for Project Sonic 2017. By the way, did any of you get the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition?
Yes, you can, Spyro, you can. You are a purple dragon, a very special creature. - Ignitus
There's a new character announced for Project Sonic 2017 and 3D/Modern and 2D/Classic gameplay are returning and a new component!

Also for Sonic Mania, a new zone was revealed and there was gameplay of Tails and Knuckles!
Yes, you can, Spyro, you can. You are a purple dragon, a very special creature. - Ignitus
Let's hope this new character is better than MOST characters introduced in recent Sonic games...
Unless it's a main series counterpart to Sticks the Badger, which I doubt.
But........................... Genesis does what Nintendon't...

Oh well. Still awesome at the same time! Big Grin
The true title of Project Sonic 2017 is called.......

Sonic Forces!
Brief gameplay:

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
So Sonic Forces eh... We need a trailer.
That name like that doesn't fill me with hope that it will succeed.
Unless it turns out to be sort of like a Sonic Heroes 2.

I'm doubtful of that.
Signing out!
Nice gameplay so far! Big Grin

And for Sonic Mania, they delayed the game until Summer 2017. SEGA or Sega (I'm not too sure if it's capitalized or not) said that they want the game to be finished and to be as polished as possible for the fans of Classic Sonic. I like that. It seems that they really want to deliver the best Classic Sonic game experience ever and also to be one of the best video games ever! Smile

(03-17-2017, 01:41 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: That name like that doesn't fill me with hope that it will succeed.
Unless it turns out to be sort of like a Sonic Heroes 2.

I'm doubtful of that.
Well, there is a new gameplay component in the game, so....who knows? Wink Plus, I really like Heroes.
So do many other people, mate, even given it's shortcomings (don't pretend they don't exist - at least they aren't '06 terrible or as numerous).
The new gameplay gimmick will be the defining factor for the game: it will either bring the fanbase together (BRING the Sonic fanbase together? Yeah, fat chance of it happening to that war zone...) or crucify the game before their eyes... and their eyes alone.
Signing out!
The game's theme song. The final version reportedly has lyrics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnDV_yS4LKI
Some more info.
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/17/sonic...ing-speed/
http://www.tssznews.com/2017/03/17/sonic...of-months/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
Sorry to double post but, we now have a cleaner version of the gameplay shown last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zm0FvEn5CU
(03-17-2017, 04:24 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: So do many other people, mate, even given it's shortcomings (don't pretend they don't exist - at least they aren't '06 terrible or as numerous).
The new gameplay gimmick will be the defining factor for the game: it will either bring the fanbase together (BRING the Sonic fanbase together? Yeah, fat chance of it happening to that war zone...) or crucify the game before their eyes... and their eyes alone.
Good point, but I'm pretty optimistic about the new gameplay feature. Smile
First footage of Classic Sonic was shown in the Nintendo Direct.

Worth noting is the stage itself. It looks like Green Hill Zone except the water is replaced by sand.
That "third new character" though.
Very interesting! Big Grin

That new character is going to be an 'unexpected' character. Funny because that shadowy image of the new character looks very familiar.

I'll give you two hints: "What could 'pawsibly' go wrong?" and he is a cat.
Dang it... I typed it wrong. I did a joke but there must be jokes all arround by now.
(04-12-2017, 06:57 PM)SpyroAndSonicFan Wrote: Very interesting! Big Grin

That new character is going to be an 'unexpected' character. Funny because that shadowy image of the new character looks very familiar.

I'll give you two hints: "What could 'pawsibly' go wrong?" and he is a cat.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!
We do NOT speak him again!

The only feline that deserves to have any reason to exist in the series is Blaze. We don't want to see Big again and we most definately do NOT want the travesty you're insinuating to even so much as cameo!!
Signing out!
Bubsy the Bobcat. He has risen from the grave of crappy franchises to infect another.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
I knew it, SEGA bought Bubsy.
Correct, but it's not been confirmed, but.................who knows? Alright, alright. I think it's best not to mention him again. lol
(04-13-2017, 04:33 PM)SpyroAndSonicFan Wrote: Correct, but it's not been confirmed, but.................who knows? Alright, alright. I think it's best not to mention him again. lol

We´re just joking arround.
Good!

Last thing people need is to be reminded of that PS1 atrocity-
Oops... I just did.

FORGET I SAID ANYTHING!!
Oh, okay. Smile

Sorry. lol It's just sometimes hard to tell in the internet if someone is joking around or not, Kairi.