Original Spell Punk Library
During the development of SuperChargers, the Spell Punk Library was originally going to be much larger, and even may have had the concept of going to the past and future.

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
The shaders and overall color palette of the green library appear to have been reused in Vault of the Ancients.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
It looks like they even scrapped an entire vehicle. I guess it would be called the Bulldozer, with either Tech, Earth, or Fire as its element. Also why did they scrap it? The level and the vehicle. The level looks so much better than the one we got.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Level was due to similarities with Tower of Time(remove the clockwork and it does look the same) and development time (removed several Cyclops enemies if the Ocu Shocks are any indication, and the final result is very clearly a rush job even if a pretty one), no idea what's up with the vehicle.
This is definitely one of favorite prototype level from Superchargers. Shake it never made the full cut, it looks like it could have made for a really fun level.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
I really like Dragons! I think they're cool!
(01-30-2017, 04:38 PM)spyrofreestyle Wrote: It looks like they even scrapped an entire vehicle. I guess it would be called the Bulldozer, with either Tech, Earth, or Fire as its element. Also why did they scrap it? The level and the vehicle. The level looks so much better than the one we got.

I'm pretty sure it's an early prototype version of the Hot Streak... maybe it was called the 'Hot Steak!'
Eh, get it? No-one?
I'll see myself out.

Wait, in that third picture, on the right - what is that blurred out?
It looks like a Pikachu that's been turned into a slug wearing a backpack!
(01-30-2017, 07:47 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:38 PM)spyrofreestyle Wrote: It looks like they even scrapped an entire vehicle. I guess it would be called the Bulldozer, with either Tech, Earth, or Fire as its element. Also why did they scrap it? The level and the vehicle. The level looks so much better than the one we got.

I'm pretty sure it's an early prototype version of the Hot Streak... maybe it was called the 'Hot Steak!'
Eh, get it? No-one?
I'll see myself out.

I think is the slug monster from Monsters University. He´s a very minor character in the movie.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~  Sora is the best gift...

3DS Friend Code: 4184 - 6032 - 7226
These look amazing! This is why we need a Skylander Art book. I would buy that SO fast!
(01-30-2017, 07:57 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 07:47 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:

Eh, get it? No-one?
I'll see myself out.

I think is the slug monster from Monsters University. He´s a very minor character in the movie.

It is.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
I really like Dragons! I think they're cool!
So, someone at Vicarious Visions clearly found a way to look busy when he was in fact slacking off!
Or maybe he was drawing inspiration from the still-shot.
(01-31-2017, 09:10 AM)Rovolin Wrote: These look amazing! This is why we need a Skylander Art book. I would buy that SO fast!

There are artbooks on Swap Force and SuperChargers, but they aren't sold to the public, only to Activision employees. The SSC Vicarious Visions livestream a few months ago rewarded users who donated money the SuperChargers art book.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
https://www.moss.media/single-post/2016/...gers-HUD-1
I managed to find this web page with some intersting development related stuff. Some is already shown but most of the stuff is new! Splat's blue and purple design was going to be call Oil Pan.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Skylands is pre-industrial or magitek outside of Tech zones, proceeds to use steampunk as inspiration.

Really cool find - the Tomb Buggy also seemed to be the Doom Buggy which was kind of a good choice since it's repeating a pun. But it's still so headstrong to try and change core parts of the franchise's art direction and use the act of change as the only reason it's good; as everyone found out when the game tanked.
It didn't tank, it just didn't sell as well as expected.
Same thing with Imaginators... but even LOWER sales than SuperChargers.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
Compared to Trap Team it kinda did. Imaginators was already on a bad start after they lost fans in SC for various reasons, but it wasn't as bad of a drop when comparing those two.
It seems like Fryno was also going to be the Fire Supercharger, but was replaced... boi.
(10-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Nebula Wrote: It seems like Fryno was also going to be the Fire Supercharger, but was replaced... boi.

That's regular Fryno. They probably just ported him over from SF before even making any new returning Skylanders to test the waters, just like Wash Buckler.
Oh. My mistake then.