What improvemenets would you like to see in new seasons?
So with the new seasons confirmed I though it would be good discuss what improvements we hope to see.

I for one would love two things. More serious (but still comedic) plots and higher quality backgrounds. I think Avatar is a great example of a children's show that was epic and still really funny at times. And while the character models in Academy are FANTASTIC I still think the environments could be improved to show how beautiful Skylands is. Hopefully TeamTo has a bigger budget to work with this time. What about you?
TeamTO and Activision Blizzard Studios will probably have a bigger budget for Season 2 and 3. Hopefully there aren't too many reusable assets that we've seen before.

I hope for bigger character development for the main cast, especially Cynder (since hers was a little too rushed in her debut Spyro game series).
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
More Action scenes, that´s all i want and that you can actually see them fight.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Finished Spyro's Adventure... Next is Giants.
I personally hope we get to see Stealth Elf's flaws for a bit. Spyro and the male gang all seemed to have plenty of flaws, but, while fun, Elfy was a bit of a generic action girl trope, and since I love rounded characters and know the team can pull it of as they have with the rest, seeing more flaws of her would be nice.
If they have a higher budget to work with (which I hope they do) I hope we get more variation in landscapes would be nice. The animation and atmosphere was nice, but it would be cool if we saw the vastness of Skylands a bit more by travelling to other places that aren't just the Academy, Falling Forest, and one or two random islands.
And I guess I just want worldbuilding or lore. They mentioned a Great War, so I'm really interested at what was going down during that. They have the basics down, but a whole game series to base the worldbuilding off of. Not to mention the fact they can even literally make up new lore because this is a different canon.
Also Scratch and female trolls. Mostly Scratch.
Squee?
OK, here I go...
  • Roller Brawl as a major character - don't consign a character THAT awesome to the sidelines...! Oh, I just realized the joke I made about her. Think about it...
  • More Trap Masters, namely Tuff Luck - a character with a thick Irish accent, while sexy to listen to, can make for brilliant humour when no-one else understands them! No disrespect to any Irish fans, but it's practically comedy 101: character with thick accent that no-one can understand.
  • It's unlikely, but IF there was a way for the series to go free-to-air in Australia (or anywhere else, for that matter) then I'd be happy with that. Now, where can I find the haystack I lost my needle in?
  • OK, may as well get on with this one: just establish Spyro and Stealth Elf in a relationship already! As much as I find the friendly moments between them cute, I can only have so many before I start shouting "SHIP 'EM!!" Oh wait, I already did...
    SHIP 'EM!!
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
here we go..

1. a story arc about the light and dark elements.
    this is something i would like to see in season 2 as they have not been mentioned once in season 1 (the sun runner did appear but astroblast didn't) so this is a great way for them to introduce more skylanders into the show such as spotlight, blackout and more.
  2. original villains
     the show has amazing writing and has funny humor so they have a chance to do this like maybe a president haltmann like villan who turns skylands into a floating mech paradise to make a boat load of money(play planet robobot to understand this) or something at the very least but whatever they do should be very interesting.

this is all i have at the moment so i add some more when i think of them.
I agree that better/more action scenes would be great to show off the Skylanders abilities. The only time I really felt that they got it right in season 1 was the fight with the Fire Viper. I would also love to see some of Hex's sorcery instead of just throwing the skull around.
I would like a little more charecters to show up and actually do somthing and develop charecter and what not, i would also like to know about this "great war" stuff . Seriusly, the moment when eon said it i said to my self "this great war sounds like a more intesting story than this one." Also make roller brawl do somthing other than just wait in the background.
Popfizz Astroblast  Are the guys i hate.
(02-07-2017, 01:28 PM)Rovolin Wrote: I agree that better/more action scenes would be great to show off the Skylanders abilities. The only time I really felt that they got it right in season 1 was the fight with the Fire Viper. I would also love to see some of Hex's sorcery instead of just throwing the skull around.

Yes agreed but the combat was a little dissapointing they don´t even show how the Fire Viper got his wings cutted i´m not saying showing it in a grafic way, but shows these days can get with a lot of stuff.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Finished Spyro's Adventure... Next is Giants.
No being modern, more unique characters, less ideas that don't make sense like evil being necessary, light and dark characters, and mooooaaarrrr Doomraiders.
Also as a side request have an academy toy line. I want a Bad Breath toy.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
More action, yeah, and more tension. Hopefully Season 2 will really draw the audience in.

(02-07-2017, 07:10 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 01:28 PM)Rovolin Wrote: I agree that better/more action scenes would be great to show off the Skylanders abilities. The only time I really felt that they got it right in season 1 was the fight with the Fire Viper. I would also love to see some of Hex's sorcery instead of just throwing the skull around.

Yes agreed but the combat was a little dissapointing they don´t even show how the Fire Viper got his wings cutted i´m not saying showing it in a grafic way, but shows these days can get with a lot of stuff.

You obviously see how the Fire Viper's wings were chopped off, Kairi. As in when we saw Cy sliding towards the wings on the Viper's back and you use him wielding Stealth Elf's daggers when he finished cutting the wings off.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
1) as others have said, better action scenes. I really want to see the heroes use their abilities more, including Pop Fizz's transformation ( which has yet to be used at all in Academy )

2) more characters more often. As much as I love Spyro, Stealth Elf, Pop Fizz and Jet-Vac ( and Cynder, who I can't wait to see in season 2! ) I want other Skylanders I love in more prominent roles like Chill, Tuff Luck, Stormblade, Nightfall, Ninjini, Boom Bloom, Tidepool and Punk Shock...and the Swap Force

3) more serious story arcs and LORE

4) more of Skylands in general...not enough variety in environments with season 1

5) Cali & Tessa...maybe Flynn if he's not annoying ( and still voiced by Patrick Warburton, nobody else will do him justice )
Ore Sanjou! -Momotaros
I at least want a more darker take on the show in Season 2, but not mature dark and I still want humor, however. Like Gravity Falls, in a way.
Yes, you can, Spyro, you can. You are a purple dragon, a very special creature. - Ignitus
Points everyone else has already made, but more Skylanders being introduced instead of the main five and more story being explored would be nice to see. I think the general tone of the series is "dark" enough for me-enough where there are serious threats seen, but not where it feels overly edgy.
So far I really enjoy the series so far some of my favorate skylanders are there and it will be interesting that cynder will be added soon but to be honest there are no giants or swappers or super chargers in the show ID really want to see some giants or swappers or super chargers in the show mainly some of my faves like stink bomb, freeze blade, night shift, fire kracken, trap shadow, ninjini' splat , fiesta ,spit fire ,astro blast , spotlight , wash buckler, tree Rex and bouncer many others to.
Better action for sure, except for the Fire Viper fight all of them felt stilted and we know the Season 2 preview sti has that problem.

A soundtrack that pops out more too. Can't fix the intro as that's visibly a higher up decision, but very VERY little sticks out kn the show when it comes to music.

More of the cadets and veterans. I'm sure sparing some episodes to have their backstories and some development for them wouldn't hurt; Hex has to graduate eventually.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
(04-04-2017, 03:13 AM)Graupel Wrote: Better action for sure, except for the Fire Viper fight all of them felt stilted and we know the Season 2 preview sti has that problem.

A soundtrack that pops out more too. Can't fix the intro as that's visibly a higher up decision, but very VERY little sticks out kn the show when it comes to music.

More of the cadets and veterans. I'm sure sparing some episodes to have their backstories and some development for them wouldn't hurt; Hex has to graduate eventually.

Yes that's a point to  there Dose need  to be more Acton and add the skylanders back story on how they  ended up as cadets in the first place
Roll with the punches