What to possibly expect of Academy counterpart of Cynder
With Cynder appearing in Season 2, there are several character possibilities that we can possibly expect from her TV canon counterpart. Slightly changed backstory apart from her "mysterious past" and that she will be enrolling in the Academy. Others might include:

1. Cynder falls in love with Spyro, referencing their Legend of Spyro counterparts
  2. Spyro and Cynder are made long-lost siblings
  3. Cynder does not fall in love at all

Or....

4. She falls in love with another character instead

And Eric Rogers hinted some kind of confirmation on Cynder's personality:

https://twitter.com/EricRogersLA/status/...6898770944

What do you guys think of what might happen with Cynder's character interactions in her TV debut?
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I'd rather have no relationships until there's significant development with all the characters. I'd just drag the plot down.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I´ll go with 3. Romance in Skylanders will not work, well in the show since it will feel forced.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Wish Haley voiced a character in Acadamy, lol.

Skylanders, Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon Fan and SoKai Shipper.

3DS Friend Code: 4184 - 6032 - 7226
I think it'll be 2. Why? Well I suspect it may be because the whole "Cynder = romance" is overplayed by now across 2 franchises! Not to mention they already seem to be suggesting Spyro-Stealth Elf; why go to all that trouble the throw it away? This is a cartoon for all ages, not a soap opera.
Plus, the clue we got from our old friend Oirazel... it seems to allude to the second one.
If they make them siblings in the show will be the most conterversial thing.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Wish Haley voiced a character in Acadamy, lol.

Skylanders, Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon Fan and SoKai Shipper.

3DS Friend Code: 4184 - 6032 - 7226
Only to the The Legend of Spyro fandom.
Besides, they haven't exactly been "shipping" Spyro and Cynder in Skylanders now, have they?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
I'm pretty sure the first two LoS games were implying a family bond. Not that it stopped the fandom and later Étranges Libellules, but they were going to be born from the same batch of eggs, probably from parents that lived close by if not the same ones.

Spyro and SE is a bit more natural in development, but I'd still rather they wait until way later. Plenty of plot to explore before letting that take over.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I agree; I think Series 3 would be the earliest they send that ship for sail.
(Note that I said "earliest." They can do it later, obviously...)
Signing out!
i say the first when cynder come a song come and everything in slow mostion
(04-08-2017, 11:07 PM)Irafinovich Wrote: i say the first when cynder come a song come and everything in slow mostion

I dont think that will be nessasary in anyway...
Popfizz Astroblast  Are the guys i hate.
(04-08-2017, 11:07 PM)rafinovich Wrote: i say the first when cynder come a song come and everything in slow mostion

Urm... no offense buddy, but I don't know what you're talking about?
He's talking about the love at first sight music that plays.
Oh, right...

Funny thing is that - if we assume that possibility 2 is the right one - I had an idea for quite the first episode of the new season... Here's an abridged version:

Episode Idea Wrote:Starts as normal; audience and the Skylanders are introduced to Cynder; Spyro falls for Cynder; Spyro does all he can to 'get close' to Cynder; Cynder goes along with it just to be friendly; Spyro decides to tell her his feelings near the end; Cynder reveals that she is his sister; Spyro faints from shock... finish with whatever the ending scenes may be.

More or less your typical soap opera plot, but instead as a kids cartoon intended to be funny.
Signing out!
Think we have some form of confirmation~

https://twitter.com/EricRogersLA/status/...6898770944
Ambiguous...

Does imply options 2 and 4 the most, however.
Patience, everyone... we'll find out soon enough.
Signing out!
I wouldn't mind if Cynder became a love interest for Spyro. He does seem to have a personality where he'd have the pick of any girl he wants but Cynder is not interested so he'll try to pursue her since she's playing hard to get. Maybe work in her backstory like she shows up Spyro finds her takes an interest in her and hangs around with her and helps her and all that.

Having them be a couple would make sense and would be a nice nod to the Legend of Spyro fans. Also if the creature in the book is Malefor or if he shows up at all that would add to it also.

I seriously think they might try to work in her backstory tho.
(04-08-2017, 06:16 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: With Cynder appearing in Season 2, there are several character possibilities that we can possibly expect from her TV canon counterpart. Slightly changed backstory apart from her "mysterious past" and that she will be enrolling in the Academy. Others might include:

1. Cynder falls in love with Spyro, referencing their Legend of Spyro counterparts
  2. Spyro and Cynder are made long-lost siblings
  3. Cynder does not fall in love at all

Or....

4. She falls in love with another character instead
What do you guys think of what might happen with Cynder's character interactions in her TV debut?
LOL I know i put my own thoughts to this saying how I can see her being a love interest in some way but, Cynder seemed like the type of character to fall in love at all unless she's involved with like a super deep bond with someone, Spyro from Legend. So either Spyro falls for her, or they be friends for a while then become couple or it's dropped after a while. 

Why do you think Cynder will be the one to instigate a relationship with anyone?

(04-10-2017, 05:53 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Oh, right...

Funny thing is that - if we assume that possibility 2 is the right one - I had an idea for quite the first episode of the new season... Here's an abridged version:

Episode Idea Wrote:Starts as normal; audience and the Skylanders are introduced to Cynder; Spyro falls for Cynder; Spyro does all he can to 'get close' to Cynder; Cynder goes along with it just to be friendly; Spyro decides to tell her his feelings near the end; Cynder reveals that she is his sister; Spyro faints from shock... finish with whatever the ending scenes may be.

More or less your typical soap opera plot, but instead as a kids cartoon intended to be funny.
EWWW no. XD Assuming she still has that same brooding and emo personality from the show I don't see her being that open-minded and probably kicking spyro in the balls if he tried flirting with her.  

While I do see Spyro making a first move I don't Cynder following up with anything aside from some form of annoyance. I'm looking forward to see how they handle here tho.
[Image: banner_top_by_atomicphoton-d995985.png]
I'm a Writer, Designer, Artist, Gamer. I've got big plans, and soon I'll put them to work. Check some stuff out why don't ya?
DeviantArt
Youtube
[Image: journal_bottom_by_atomicphoton-d995aki.png]
I posted a link to Eric Rogers' twitter above you that says her personality is different in the show, Photon lol
gonna go with 3 here and with her coming in season 2 maybe we might expect a light and dark saga in season 3 with some skylanders from those elements?
I re-did my video discussing what we could potential get with Cynder and Spyro when Season 2 starts streaming.
Sadly, there isn't a proper ending to this video due to time constraints, but I got everything I wanted to talk about in the video. And this time, I'm happy!

So, what do you think? Given everything I've pointed out and discussed in the video, what do you think will happen when Cynder arrives at the Skylander Academy?
Signing out!
(05-10-2017, 01:38 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: I re-did my video discussing what we could potential get with Cynder and Spyro when Season 2 starts streaming.
Sadly, there isn't a proper ending to this video due to time constraints, but I got everything I wanted to talk about in the video. And this time, I'm happy!

So, what do you think? Given everything I've pointed out and discussed in the video, what do you think will happen when Cynder arrives at the Skylander Academy?

Interesting video. I honestly have no clue what is going to happen, but I can say what I want to happen: no romance. Most kids shows I've seen handle romance poorly (even some of the greatest shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender have rather poor writing in the romance department), so I'd rather have them stay away from it. With Cynder, Stealth Elf, or any other character, really.
Squee?
If it's done correctly then yes I'd love it to be in the show,if it's not then I'd like them to have a very close & deep friendship, close enough to be mistaken by the other characters, but not close enough to be real.
Imagination is the only way to break the realm of reality... 
Before the series aired, I honestly thought Stealth Elf and Spyro were hinted at being a couple or implied.
I don't think it's out of the question yet, Crystal.
As I say in the video, they seem to be heavily suggesting that there may be some chemistry between the fan favourite Skylanders. The question then is whether they will do go through with it or just leave it out of reach to tantalise the fans...

Or do something with Cynder.
Okay, from yesterday's website reveal and recent details on Cynder:
  • Confirmed by Eric Rogers, Spyro and Cynder aren't going to fall in love and are just going to be friends
  • Cynder is talented in the dark arts (Undead powers)
  • "she’s content to be the brooding ying to Spyro’s carefree yang"
  • She refuses to talk about her mysterious past
  • "Her appearance and her family history have a big role to play" in the show

[Image: Cynder%20Academy.png]
So Cynder is going to have a major role in Season 2?
Hm... Eric Rogers seem to be teasing about it.

https://twitter.com/Dashie__Sparkle/stat...6697337857

Eric Rogers Wrote:I won't say "major", BUT her arrival puts the wheels into motion for other things to happen that have a big time effect.
So wait, we spend the last "I've-lost-count" months speculating on Cynder's role in the show, only for it to be not as big an appearance as we were led to believe?!

Anti-climax.
Hmm that's kinda disappointing. I'm glad that adding these new characters seemed to be fixing the male-to-female ratio, which felt a bit too masculine to me. (Like, there are female characters like Flashwing, Dreamcatcher, Roller Brawl, etc, but they mostly blend into the background. Most other characters we get are male, especially in the heroes department. Kinda wish Cynder would join the core team to add another chick to the masculine mix we have now.
Squee?