Skylanders Academy General Discussion Topic
I wonder if new characters will come in the series.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Wish Haley voiced a character in Acadamy, lol.

Skylanders, Kingdom Hearts and Pokémon Fan and SoKai Shipper.

3DS Friend Code: 4184 - 6032 - 7226
I betcha Kairi that the only new characters getting introduced in the TV series will be minor and completely pointless characters. It's unlikely they'll showcase a new Skylander through the show first; this isn't Smash Bros. and Greninja after all.
Sorry if that sounded harsh. Sad
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
Honestly i would love the it could be separated from the game's canon, like it should have it's own canon. But unpopluar opinion, i guess. I know it's separated from the games, but still.

(05-06-2016, 06:05 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: He wouldn't lie to us... would he?

Doubt it,but he could be grossly overestimating himself so people will give the show a chance. I'm sure he's going to try, but with Josh Haber on the other side we'll have to wait and see.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
(05-07-2016, 08:52 PM)Graupel Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 06:05 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: He wouldn't lie to us... would he?

Doubt it,but he could be grossly overestimating himself so people will give the show a chance. I'm sure he's going to try, but with Josh Haber on the other side we'll have to wait and see.

Who's this Josh Haber character? I've never heard of him before.
And when I said character, I do not mean as a character in the show; I meant it as a person.
Signing out!
One of the writers of the show.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Also one of the writers for the last two seasons of MLP(mostly the episodes involving Starlight Glimmer) and the Equestria Girls movies. Needless to say, I don't trust him.
Because "My Little Pony: Friendship Us Magic" or because the last 2 seasons assumingly were bad?
If the latter is true then understandable, but if it's the former then that is a very poor reason to distrust someone. I haven't seen the show but I hear it's actually pretty good.
Signing out!
MLP is a good show writing-wise, since characterization is the name of the game. The seasons themselves weren't bad, but in my opinion Josh Haber's episodes shoved in that character too quickly, with little reason for you to care(or TOO LITTLE considering the her part in a season finale) about her, and she's integrated into the main cast the next season despite being a span of 4 episodes(two two-parters) where she appears fully beforehand.
That's not getting into the Equestria Girls movies, which in my opinion are meh, where then *convenience* is the name of the game because everyone catches the stupids at some point so the plot can advance instead of, you know, writing events that don't need contrivance to happen. For example, there's this sports competition in 3, and the plot needs the main 6 disqualified so the final battle can happen. There are a thousand ways to do this right,but we get magic portals with monsters attacking the field that EVERYONE IGNORES and then they put the blame of the destruction on the cast. The monsters and portals are in plain sight,too.

He just seems to have a thing for characters he likes or events he wants to happen over good writing in general. So, in combination with Eric Rogers, they can help each other or drag each other down.
Wow... I was not expecting an essay as a response. By which I mean I was expecting a straight forward answer. But if you needed to explain it, I'll take it.
If that is how he is with MLP, then we'll just have to wait until the Skylanders Academy cartoon airs. It could be amazing or it could be a dud... or it could be super awkward like Sonic Boom is at the moment. That's not bad either, but the episodes are written in such a way that you just can't watch them with a straight face.
Signing out!
In Skylanders: Imaginators, characters from the tv show will make an appearance in the game!
Oh my kingdoms yes! So that means there where also info on the TV Show?

Hopefully through Skylanders: Imaginators.
Um... I don't want to sound rude, but how is this really anything special?
It wouldn't have been any different for any OTHER Skylander game, so why is this "big" news.

What I'm saying is that guys like Spyro and Stealth Elf have been in EVERY game so far! So what?

Now to make myself scarce! *scarpers!*
[Image: ClFa10FXEAE__qz.jpg][Image: ClFZ0EFWgAAYbvw.jpg:large][Image: ClFTMLgXEAA58Qi.jpg:large][Image: ClFXMviWYAAWtKz.jpg][Image: ClFT1zbUYAMR8tr.jpg:large]

Screenshots spotted on the Skylanders Twitter, as well as confirmation that the series will be on Netflix! The CGI looks great, love the expression, nice colors, my troll son is there, I am hype!

http://deadline.com/2016/06/skylanders-a...201773700/
Squee?
More screenshots~

[Image: 6_activision-skylandersacademy-1.png]

[Image: 3_activision-skylandersacademy-5.png]

[Image: 5_activision-skylandersacademy-4.png]
Who is that guy between Jet Vac and Eruptor? Also Stealth Elf without the Scarf and Spyro has an extra claw on the front paws.

So why is Glumshanks VA different?
It's common for game VAs of Skylanders to have different ones in the media.
Really? Hopefully he at least sounds right
(06-16-2016, 12:56 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: Who is that guy between Jet Vac and Eruptor? Also Stealth Elf without the Scarf and Spyro has an extra claw on the front paws.

I always wanted to see Stealth Elf without the scarf. This pleases me!
And that guy between Jet-Vac and Eruptor looks like a Grumblebum Thrasher from SWAP Force.

Something just occurred to me: why is Eon COMPLETELY whole? Shouldn't he still be in a spirit form?
Signing out!
The tv series isn't connected to the games.
(06-16-2016, 09:08 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 12:56 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: Who is that guy between Jet Vac and Eruptor? Also Stealth Elf without the Scarf and Spyro has an extra claw on the front paws.

I always wanted to see Stealth Elf without the scarf. This pleases me!
And that guy between Jet-Vac and Eruptor looks like a Grumblebum Thrasher from SWAP Force.

Something just occurred to me: why is Eon COMPLETELY whole? Shouldn't he still be in a spirit form?
Hmm to be honest i still yet to play all the games. So i not really familiar with him.

New screenshot~

[Image: tumblr_o8xpuliygC1sbfuf4o1_1280.jpg]
Where even the Screenshots are coming from?

I don't know i get this feeling of we might getting a Academy Trailer at Comic Con.

No clue, but the press are given random screenshots from the show, including me.
That's explains it. Really that last Screenshot is my Desktop Wallpaper.

I'm really starting to like what they're doing here... A LOT!
In particular, I like how they've given Stealth Elf not only a visible mouth by removing that stupid scarf from around her face, but also - if you look closely - white pupils in her eyes. She now looks a lot more natural to me, and I like it like this! Stealth Elf dream fulfilled!!

The only downside is that I am completely incapable of watching the show. My Internet runs out fast, so I cannot afford to use something like Netflix - especially when YouTube chews up the data like hot-cakes.
Signing out!
All of Season 1 will be available on Day 1 -

https://twitter.com/EricRogersLA/status/...6226102272
It figures.
So much for a DVD release, then...
Signing out!