Skylanders Tarot Cards
A small project I've been doing for years, veeery slowly. I really like Major Arcana tarot card parodies and I wanted to try my hand at it with Skylanders, and though I take a loong time to finish each, I have a few already done to show. Hope you like them!

[Image: P3CBlCd.jpg]

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. But beware of the consequences if you go off the beaten path.

[Image: OECijaN.jpg]

Everyone is the star of their own story, but do not be afraid to lead. Both your comrades and you have a lot to learn about yourselves.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
Very nice. I would like to see more in the future.
"Let's heat things up!"
Skylanders and dragons for life!
Whirlwind Flashwing Sunburn Camo Spyro Drobot Cynder Echo Spotlight Blackout 
Why am I not surprised that The Fool depicts Flynn?

I'm going to guess 'Death' will depict an Undead Skylander; and that the love one (don't remember what it's called) will have Bash and Flashwing.
Anyone else want to join in and predict the others?

(Predicting the tarots... huh. Irony!)
I made a list back when I started and I adjusted it around as new characters showed up(though I might skip one or another to redraw if Academy ends up creating a cooler concept for an arcana). Though I'll give one spoiler, yes, The Lovers is Bashwing Tongue

Another piece of trivia - the runes actually correspond to numbers and letters where they fit. I found an incomplete chart of the Skylanders Universe code translations that miiight cover every single one.
That Spyro one is great! What program do you use?
I haven't seen you post Skylanders fanart in a while. X3
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
(09-17-2017, 08:14 PM)Rovolin Wrote: That Spyro one is great! What program do you use?

I use Photoshop with a graphics tablet, just applying a lot of regular painting techniques.

(09-17-2017, 09:16 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: I haven't seen you post Skylanders fanart in a while. X3

I haven't done any except for these. More than one reason that I wouldn't like to discuss, but this project has been around for a while and I planned it too well to just stop like my other fanart.

Time for the next one! Going through buffer really quick, I might post more next week or something or I'll hurry myself to finish next ones.

[Image: q6KAgkX.jpg]

Hidden knowledge brings its risks, just like any mystery. The unknown won't be so out there if you plan your next step with care.
That Hex is great!! I love the green energy/smoke effects, and the billows on the bottom of her dress look really realistic. Amazing job!
Thanks!
Here's another one now that I finished the card following it - I wanted that done in time for Academy Season 2 and managed that with time to spare, but I'll give it some time.

[Image: 4JLIZU2.jpg]

"You may want to nurture and care for others, but you also need to prosper within yourself. Connect with your loved ones as well as with your own mind and the world around you."

Show ContentSpoiler:
Keep it up, Graupel! XD
Well, I was going to wait until next week to post The Emperor, but someone requested a tarot card with Cynder! Unfortunately, she didn't fit any as much as some other Skylanders, and unless Season 2 introduces new lore to her it'll stay that way. But, just for that person, I spared some time for a traditional card.

20XX - The Salt

[Image: VqBTE6K.jpg]

Sometimes, it's ok to be mad at inconsequential things, or hold onto your beliefs in hard times. But don't let negativity and bitterness take over your life; there's so much to enjoy that isn't gained by stepping on someone else's fun.

Show ContentSpoiler:
The Salt... heh, good one!
Imagine if that were part of the actual Arcana?

And on the side, I - personally - would have written the description as to boil down to simply: "Just shut up your whinging, already!"
But yours is good, too.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
I really like that new boarder! The perspective is great!
With less than a day until the new season, time for the last one I did until now - too focused on other projects and forgot to color in the buffer, whoops.

This one I'm slightly more proud of than most because it's the first Academy themed one - feel free to share it to the writers of the show and whatnot if you guys feel like they'd appreciate it. Don't have a twitter myself :I

[Image: oU76bBD.jpg]

"You've been there, done that; now it's the time to teach others who have yet to see the consequences of their actions. If you have learned to control yourself, it is no unknown task to make sure others also stay on the right path."
Ooooo~
That one looks good X3
That's your best one yet!!!! I love his wispy beard, and those books are great.
The Hierophant is still in progress because of work and generally not quite connecting with the picture, but in the meanwhile, I decided to do a faster piece for Halloween. A mild spook warning however, as it's based on the newest season of Academy : O

Show ContentSpoiler:

You wish that flavor text was me being edgy, I based it off of several tarot definitions I found while digging around.
Oh, that... that tarot card is just disturbing!
Show ContentSpoiler:
Definitely creepy! 
Show ContentSpoiler:
I can really see what a great artist you are! Those clouds are really great and the flow of her skirt is very realistic looking. Keep up the AMAZING work!
(10-29-2017, 07:49 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Oh, that... that tarot card is just disturbing!
Show ContentSpoiler:

Oh don't worry I was, black goop was just the first thing I thought of for that episode theme. It's not supposed to be harmful or representing pain, more like eldritch evil matter or something, which is what shallow use of occult knowledge usually means.

Thanks, guys!