Not much marketing?
I feel like season 2 (or season one for that matter) of Academy hasn't gotten much buzz. The fandom on various forums seem to be excited, but I literally see no other marketing besides for the trailer (I'm going to forget about that strange birthday video) that would alert people of the new season. For me it's really, really hard to gauge how a Netflix show is doing, which makes me constantly wondering if Academy is very popular. I feel like there needs to be some more advertising, or something! What are your opinions?
It hasn't gotten any. We have 3 news sites that put any effort in an article (Collider, Game Informer, and Worldscreen/Kidscreen). S1 got clips, dozens and dozens of articles, and the social media for the franchise posted small gifs and pictures every other day. Acti doesn't care and Netflix always worked with just trailers since their big original shows get word of mouth going quickly, but on SA's case it's unfortunate and pretty misguided.

Academy is popular, or at least S1 was, but Acti visibly stopped caring about everything Skylanders.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
Plus, there's a chance now for the show to be on public television.

http://kidscreen.com/2017/09/13/41-enter...s-academy/
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Netflix just sent out an email for Skylanders Academy with the premier date, so that's good. And as of right now the trailer has 81K views. I'm surprised DanTDM hasn't done anything yet...
Email? You mean press release?
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Email updates, which I think get sent if the show is on your list. Not sure how much that works to get people's attention if they remove shows soon after watching.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
Yeah, it was an email update letting me know that the show was premiering on the 6th. SA is in my list, so that could be the case.