Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg leaving in March
Eric Hirshberg, the CEO of Activision, is leaving in March after 8 years. 
https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/18/activ...r-8-years/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
Eric has been with the Skylanders franchise and others for years, I'll miss his involvement.

Back in 2017, Eric Hirshberg was the one who told us that they were still looking for ways regarding the Skylanders franchise.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Interesting. I wonder what this means for the company.
OK then...
I'll ditto what Rovolin said - what will this mean for Activision?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
I'm sort of sceptical about Eric leaving Activision after many years in the office as the CEO because he has plans to make Skylanders popular again. (or you could also say "Make Skylands Great Again"). I know that Zoo Lou Stuart (Hope I got his name right) is also responsible of the franchise and have been shown in many interviews including Eric Hirshberg in some of them. Also since Activision is notorious of making annual games, unnecessary micro transactions and rushed out games on Call of Duty and multiple franchise. that's brings up multiple reasons why Skylanders not getting any attention since Trap Team.

Maybe Superchargers is like a generic kart racing game to the public
Maybe Imaginators got a low review on many reviews that made the customers think twice (and other multiple flaws like the story, paywalls, only 10 chapters and micro transactions).
Maybe these games are struggling on demands of figures supplying in stores because of rivals like Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and newly Lightseekers are in the genre now.

Right now, I'm not sure, even with the new CEO's on the seat, that the series will be completely fine. Eric is a good man with great ideas to throw in the mix and seeing this man go unexpectedly really made most of us shook. The CEOs of Vicarious Visions, Karthik and Guha Bala also decided to leave the company before the release of Skylanders and Crash Bandicoot but I guess both of them are doing fine but that was only because they just announce them before they left.

Even with that, I wish him the luck to carry on to his life and hope for the better. Again, he's not fired but has a outdated contract that he can no longer work in. So with that, Eric Hirshberg, you did good. Thanks for the Gimmicks, the Innovation and the Company Flaws that can easily be spilled on any franchise like a can of worms. :')
"Check out Skylanders Traplocke! A new way to play Trap Team."
It's in the Trap Team forums. Duh.
The Zoo in Zoo Lou Stuart is actually just a reference to Zoo Lou. It's added for LOLS.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
(01-19-2018, 10:11 AM)DashTwisterstorm Wrote: I'm sort of sceptical about Eric leaving Activision after many years in the office as the CEO because he has plans to make Skylanders popular again. (or you could also say "Make Skylands Great Again"). I know that Zoo Lou Stuart (Hope I got his name right) is also responsible of the franchise and have been shown in many interviews including Eric Hirshberg in some of them. Also since Activision is notorious of making annual games, unnecessary micro transactions and rushed out games on Call of Duty and multiple franchise. that's brings up multiple reasons why Skylanders not getting any attention since Trap Team.

Maybe Superchargers is like a generic kart racing game to the public
Maybe Imaginators got a low review on many reviews that made the customers think twice (and other multiple flaws like the story, paywalls, only 10 chapters and micro transactions).
Maybe these games are struggling on demands of figures supplying in stores because of rivals like Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and newly Lightseekers are in the genre now.

Right now, I'm not sure, even with the new CEO's on the seat, that the series will be completely fine. Eric is a good man with great ideas to throw in the mix and seeing this man go unexpectedly really made most of us shook. The CEOs of Vicarious Visions, Karthik and Guha Bala also decided to leave the company before the release of Skylanders and Crash Bandicoot but I guess both of them are doing fine but that was only because they just announce them before they left.

Even with that, I wish him the luck to carry on to his life and hope for the better. Again, he's not fired but has a outdated contract that he can no longer work in. So with that, Eric Hirshberg, you did good. Thanks for the Gimmicks, the Innovation and the Company Flaws that can easily be spilled on any franchise like a can of worms. :')

At the very least, though, he did one thing that almost no other publishing company does:
He had franchises on a rotation of developers, meaning each game had more than one year of development - hence why they were able to keep up the yearly releases.
Perhaps those days are over now...?

Who knows.
Whatever people think about Activision in general, Eric was a great CEO, he will be missed. I don't think his departure will really affect what is planned for Skylanders in the next few years, these things are already decided usually.
Skylanders Youtube Channels: Legends of Skylands | Skylanders Music Channel
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Battlecast Cards List with .png images: BattlecastCards.com
Yeah... except he won't have the ability to stop what seems like a bad idea for a game being made. He did stop whatever Toys for Bob were making for last year, so who knows what they have planned for this year, if at all?
Whoever replaces him, they better have a level head and a knack for recognizing good ideas from mediocre ones.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!