Spyro's Kingdom - SSA Early Concept
We all know that Spyro's Kingdom was the starting point of the development for Skylanders. But here are some concept designs and layouts that were scrapped during the years 2009-2010.

[Image: d376cac6754b3c52b6456d873c2a0f65.png]

[Image: 4800dd2cb968700150178d8af12ad30c.jpg]

[Image: 77e582f59914533122c7fe886a5a49d0.jpg]

[Image: 77b7171d049b2efe2171467c0447180f.jpg]
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I heard about the Early version of Spyro's Kingdom, really i wished more concept was leaked.

And Some of the Image Links are Broken.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Under the Same Sky
Fixed the image links.
I kind of wish that they kept spyro's dawn of the dragon design
They didn't actually...although they might have if he was made the centre NPC and not a playable character.
Oh well! This still disproves that Spyro wasn't added into the game as a cash-in.

Why does the Spyro fanbase think that?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
Because someone spread that lie on twitter. Just like the idiots who think SSA is the current graphical quality of the games or worse,the Beginning trailer. The more people go "lol look at this" the more believe it because they don't want to look it up.

There are also some cool videos on older versions,but the line between SK and SSA gets blurry there.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
They should really get with the times.

[Image: tumblr_obihdjDe5k1sbfuf4o1_1280.png]
That's a very disappointed expression for Spyro in that SC screenshot : P

You definately see the differences I've mentioned in other places so much; his unibrow is gone, his neck isn't as forced backwards and his snout is a lot flatter. They just need to make it longer and his cheeks less proeminent and it's straight up better than AHT and LOS in my opinion.
I thought he only had the disappointed expression in Trap Team (that's where I got the screenshot from) XD
Oh, saw the background and thought it was Monstrous Isles that people usually take pictures from.
(08-05-2016, 10:18 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: They didn't actually...although they might have if he was made the centre NPC and not a playable character.
Oh well! This still disproves that Spyro wasn't added into the game as a cash-in.

Why does the Spyro fanbase think that?
I can explain that right now if you want.
I'm not a Skylanders hater but I will never call it a Spyro reboot.
(08-06-2016, 06:43 PM)Graupel Wrote: Oh, saw the background and thought it was Monstrous Isles that people usually take pictures from.

Nah, that's from Phoenix Psanctuary. During certain cutscenes, it was the only time to get a clear shot at Spyro's expression there pff
(08-06-2016, 05:32 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: They should really get with the times.

[Image: tumblr_obihdjDe5k1sbfuf4o1_1280.png]

They should also be GRATEFUL that we have Skylanders. The original idea they had before Spyro's Kingdom... Yeah, I don't want to know what they were thinking!
Signing out!

Oh don't worry, I ran into CrystalBlazier's post about this tumblr because it was trending for some reason on google searches and people thoroughly just hate this very picture even with the changes. It's just too ingrained.
It's too childish as well, I wonder if I should start using the Hide Reblog button. Wonder what that does though.
Honestly? Hiding the whining only makes it harsher when you find it elsewhere. Glancing over the names at least gives you a mental note to avoid these people.
Yeah, I suppose.

Still, i would rather have a playable Spyro than a Spyro that is a non playable character. It wouldn't be much of a Spyro game if you can't play as him. Although most fans would prefer that over Skylanders.
Totally agree with you, Crystal. As long as Spyro is a playable character, we can at least say that he is alive. He may not be in his own standalone series, anymore, but at least the current situation is good and working out for everyone. Smile

Well, everyone except- *censored due to strong language* -excuses for Spyro fans!
GROW UP!!! Angry
Signing out!

They do have a reason for their behavior you know, and it actually is justified.
I'm not a Skylanders hater but I will never call it a Spyro reboot.
(08-07-2016, 11:45 PM)Spyro fan Wrote: They do have a reason for their behavior you know, and it actually is justified.

Are you trying to speak for all Spyro fans who think it's okay to bash users with senseless hatred over a video game character? Please don't. Mindlessly raging over something you don't like then lashing out at others is NOT justified for this kind of behavior.
(08-07-2016, 11:45 PM)Spyro fan Wrote: They do have a reason for their behavior you know, and it actually is justified.

Justified?! The only thing justified about them is that they at least know how bad Enter the Dragonfly is, and that is REALLY bad! Yet they think Skylanders is worse when it isn't!!
They're no different to the retro-Crash, retro-Sonic and Genwunner fanbases; stuck in the 90's, won't grow up and immaturely attack anyone of anything Skylanders related.

Please tell me WHY their reasons are justified?

(If I seem angry, it's not because of you or what you said, but because I get fired up about this particular subject. No hard feelings.)
(08-07-2016, 11:45 PM)Spyro fan Wrote: They do have a reason for their behavior you know, and it actually is justified.

NOTHING justifies telling kids they can't like something because of what came before they were even born.
NOTHING justifies driving artists out of their beloved places because they draw something other fans don't accept.
NOTHING justifies harassing a respected show writer for their idea of a childhood character and whatever else Haedox and friends have been doing behind our backs.
That behavior is for huge jerks, for the lack of a harsher word in this forum, bullies, manchildren, not decent human beings. Nobody needs to be happy or perfectly fine with Spyro's situation, it's not good and we know, but let people enjoy the little that's left instead of making them all feel unwelcome for their own feelings.
Heck, if Skylanders' existence "ruins" anyone's childhood, then they don't value it enough.
Spyro fan doesn't sound like he is a fan of Skylanders at all. Are you with the Spyro fandom side or on Both? So why you are here? Do you truely like Skylanders?
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Under the Same Sky
Judging from his signature and recent comment, Spyro fan does not accept Skylanders as a Spyro reboot and is pretty okay with his fellow fans lashing out at others. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined the forums simply to justify why some unruly Spyro fans act the way they do when it comes to Skylanders. But let's not dwell on this debate, since it will derail the topic even further.

Anyway, I found more potential concept ideas of Spyro's Kingdom when it began going into the direction of Skylanders back in 2010. Then an early version of Spyro's Adventure.

[Image: 103141_byjl5nBtb03krfEWdGXQ5d6N6.jpg]

Paul Reiche visibly trying to put his best narrating voice despite the fact he's really soft spoken, pfft.

There's actually a way earlier video; and it seems to be early enough to be at the Spyro's Kingdom stage. It clearly has a mission-like structure rather than levels, which is literally the only thing we know from the "King Spyro" concept time because of the interview. I do know it has the SSA logo, this is probably an archive thing on TFB.

Yes, let's leave behind this 'Spyro fan' character and move on! (I knew there was something bad about him.)

Now that's some REAL dinosaur stuff! You don't see gameplay or stuff this early for a lot of games nowadays; all the concept and prototype stuff just gets buried under everything else. Is another reason why I like Skylanders: reminds me of when the Ratchet and Clank and Crash Bandicoot franchises did this sort of thing...
Ah, memories... Sleepy
Signing out!

And Sun Dragon became Camo, but he was still in The Beginning trailer due to late changes.

[Image: latest?cb=20120627002202] [Image: latest?cb=20121005174947]

And Tarclops and Cyclops Slime became Zap.

[Image: 8c9d2b837d9f195c03b492a947adb6eb.jpg]

[Image: e14ae853e9d94ff5a2d923fc4ff6fac8.png]
Tongue 
Many of you would probably be interested to know that this isn't the only Spyro's Kingdom. There were two others. The first one was a dragon MMO by Helios Interactive seemingly based on the Legend of Spyro trilogy. It was proposed (and canned) in 2010. Helios had concept images and even a playable demo of their prototype on their site, however, they later took it all down, but not before people snagged the images and recorded gameplay of the demo. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI6MMLTfkDE
For concept images and screenshots, go here: http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Spyro's_Kingdom
I'm not posting pictures the images on here because, as I just found out, I am not a fan of the attachment system.

The next one was from when Toys for Bob was developing it. The game was proposed to be a Mature Spyro game that included blood, but TFB lost their enthusiasm for the project, saying that it didn't "feel" like Spyro, as well as the fact that they weren't passionate about Mature games. The toys-to-life idea came after this. Was there any pre-production work done on this Mature Spyro game? Probably not, but who knows?
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
Or Helios Images can be posted here:

[Image: aa079273c1728d7b17435bb2cab2ab80.jpg]

[Image: 943cabfa86cc45bf81b1df40259a23ee.jpg]

[Image: 0eb436177df2c8eaac36339ecb9a082e.jpg]
TFB also had a project for a "Paper Spyro", which probably would've gone under the bus because of LBP,Tearaway and Kirby's Epic Yarn stealing the cutesy craft spotlight. Just like not having a horrible Legend of Spyro movie made by horrible comedy producers, some bad news happen for good things.

Spyro's Kingdom seems to have been made at the same time by both Helios and TFB though, since both ran with the sequel series idea. My guess is that Helios was called in to do better but the direction was already too far to do an MMO.