Is really Skylanders a Crossover Game?
One thing that found out today is one of my drawings was featured in Non-Skylanders Forum and people think that the game is a Crossover...

So what you think about this? Why People think is a Crossover, when it's not?
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
Because numerous character from different game franchise made cameos in Skylanders.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Having Guest Stars =/= Crossover.

If it was a Crossover they should have said it since the start.
In the Skylanders universe, all worlds are connected to Skylands, that includes Bowser, Crash and Donkey Kong's world. It's a crossover at this point.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I'm with you on this one, Crystal. Skylanders is becoming the centre point for all (well, most actually) of gamings franchises. We currently have Bowser, DK, Crash Bandicoot, and if my theory is anything to go by, we can say Spyro as well. I'm not sure that was initial idea, but it has developed into a multi-system crossover franchise.
I mean, it's not like we're going to see characters like Ratchet, Link, Sly Cooper and so on make appearances - most of them do not in ANY capacity fit Skylanders at all! But if we HAVE a universal nerve centre for crossovers in Skylanders, imagine all the possibilities then!

This also makes me wonder IF The Darkness could in fact be set to return... In another series. It may have been banished from Skylands, but that doesn't mean it has been completely defeated...

Sorry, Kairi, but on this one I'm with CrystalBlazier. It wasn't a crossover to begin with - but it sure became one!
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
So... It's turning into a Crossover at this point. So really, Skylanders should be at this point the Center of all Crossovers.

If everyone asks what picture i'm talking about and that i just found about it: http://kairiinskylands.tumblr.com/post/1...dom-hearts

I do support Skylanders Crossovers (Just check all my Kingdom Hearts x Skylanders drawings on my Deviantart, it's crazy i know also some of them are so old that i just say why i drew this), but i just can't imagine Skylanders as an actual Crossover game.
Each of the games may not be a crossover in itself, but Skylanders as a whole is more of a crossover series.
Let me put it this way: SuperChargers gave us Bowser and DK; Imaginators will give us Crash Bandicoot. What's not to say that the game after that uses Sonic the Hedgehog?
The guest characters may not interact directly like Super Smash Bros., but the connection they gain through Skylanders is significant and opens up for several possible crossovers. All of those fictitious fandoms we've been making suddenly seem more real and possible than ever before!
I've always wanted to see the Crash Bandicoot and Sonic the Hedgehog series connect in some way (because I think Tails & Coco make a cute couple Heart Heart ), and Skylanders allows for that to happen... Provided, of course, the blue blur makes an appearance.

I'm not saying you're wrong in any capacity, Kairi; I'm just looking at the current situation the series is in from my perspective.
Signing out!

Call me crazy guys. But, I would love to see a Kingdom Hearts x Skylanders Crossover, like for real.

Both franchises shares some similiarties (The Skylanders was published by Square Enix in Japan doesn't count...)

-The very First game in there respective series are trying to stop the Darkness from spreading.
-Riku and Cynder where corrupted by a villain (I know about with Cynder with The Legend of Spyro Series, but it still counts)
-They have used the Darkness for good.
-I know this will sound stupid, but both of there main villains are bald, i'm so sorry. But also have some sort of the same desire, I think? I might be wrong.
-Smash Hit's Early Concept Designs had some sort a similiar weapon as like the early designs of Sora had a chainsaw sword.

Call me crazy but a crossover of that could actually work. many people would say that humans can't be in Skylanders yadda,yadda,yadda.
I won't call you crazy, but I definately think your crossover idea is unlikely to happen.
Activision and Disney are about as likely to co-operate as Zangoose and Seviper, and then you need to consider Square Enix who take FOREVER to make decisions and act upon them...
If anything, I can see The Darkness appearing in Kingdom Hearts and being revealed as the TRUE creator of the Heartless... Still very unlikely.

I know how you feel about it Kairi; I want to see a Crash Bandiccot x Sonic the Hedgehog crossover for a multitude of reasons (mostly similarities), but even THAT is unlikely to happen. I'm not hating you or your idea, I'm just pointing out the sad truth. Sad

You and I, we are big dreamers... Even if what we seek is farfetched, we aren't afraid to voice it.
Sleepy Keep the dream alive, Kairi! Sleepy One day, it may come to life... (Though it is a big "IF")
Signing out!

(07-20-2016, 08:16 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: I won't call you crazy, but I definately think your crossover idea is unlikely to happen.
Activision and Disney are about as likely to co-operate as Zangoose and Seviper, and then you need to consider Square Enix who take FOREVER to make decisions and act upon them...
If anything, I can see The Darkness appearing in Kingdom Hearts and being revealed as the TRUE creator of the Heartless... Still very unlikely.

I know how you feel about it Kairi; I want to see a Crash Bandiccot x Sonic the Hedgehog crossover for a multitude of reasons (mostly similarities), but even THAT is unlikely to happen. I'm not hating you or your idea, I'm just pointing out the sad truth. Sad

You and I, we are big dreamers... Even if what we seek is farfetched, we aren't afraid to voice it.
Sleepy Keep the dream alive, Kairi! Sleepy One day, it may come to life... (Though it is a big "IF")

I still have Project Kairi under the belt just in case. A Fan Film coming in 2018  Cool

I really wish this happend, though Kingdom Hearts and Skylanders has something in common. A Crash and Sonic Crossover sounds good...
It could be
I love Skylanders with all my heart,I also like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot too.  Sleepy
I agree with the above posts about skylanders becoming a crossover game but I honestly considered it a crossover game from the start. Spyro came from his own series and cynder was villain/sidekick or friend at some point( I only seem ads for spyro games never played then browsed wiki). I always considered spyro cynder and any charecter in skylanders from a current or previous franchise from a alternate reality seperate from the previous game's. For me when Dk and bowser were skylanderized I considered them pulled from a unseen reality and placed in skylanders and being from a different reality could explain bowser helping (I know in the comic it says he didn't want the darkness to spread to his domain but remember in the comic dk and bowser go home in the game they do not that's one reason why I consider the comics a seperate reality from
The video games). This series can have almost any creature join in, shoots kairi's kingdom hearts skylander crossover has potential to be a great read and or comic.