The Kingdom Hearts Thread (Re:Mind)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 releases this week in Japan so remember the thread´s Spoiler rules.

Spoiler content everything you want to discuss about about 0.2 or Back Cover, Dream Drop Distance not that much, but still just in case.

Spoiler Example:
Spoiler:

Still when it comes to North America and Europe still put spoiler content.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Ironhearted
SPOILERS:
So today is Kingdom Hearts 15th Anniversary... Any memories with this game that you want to share?
New Trailer!

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixUSA/status...5498593282

After a more then a year Kingdom Hearts Union X is finally available in the Latin American Region, it took them this long to care.
Hey, I just picked up the HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX pack, with Birth By Sleep Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories and the HD cinematics for 358/2 Days and Re:coded included. (The again, ALL of that is standard.)

Anyone here got any tips for a newcomer on how to play and where to start?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
Uhh...

Start with KH1 Final Mix.

BBS uses a different command, Re:Chain of Memories is a little hard to get used to I tell you because I play it.

Re: Coded and 358/2 Days are cinematics make sure you get the update with bonus scene if you want an action scene.

KH2 is probably the best gameplay-wise but start with the first Final Mix.
Thanks, Kairi!
I'll give it a whirl later.

(Don't have the time to right now.)
Signing out!

May as well plug in some of my thoughts so far...

So after 10 hours of grinding in the first game just to BEAT the game, it was actually a lot of fun...
I'll never play the first Kingdom Hearts on Proud mode again, though. It was too painful at points! Particularly boss fights.

By total contrast, though... am I just really good at it, or is Re:Chain of Memories really easy even on Proud?
No, really, I only had to use around 15 continues throughout my entire playthrough of Sora's story!
It was surprisingly easy to play and actually controlled a lot better than I expected. I was also able to enjoy the boss fights a LOT more than in the first game because of how easy I found it!
Except Larxene and that final Riku Replica battle... those were annoying - the former more so!
I haven't played through much of Riku's story - only gotten as far as beating Vexen (again if you count Sora's story), but it's a very different beast in terms of gameplay.
So yeah, I'm really loving Re:Chain of Memories!

Can't wait to watch through 358/2 Days - I'm itching to learn more about Roxas' time with Organization XIII.
Signing out!

You're the first person to enjoy Chain of Memories gameplay-wise.
I am?
Well, don't that beat all!

The only thing about the gameplay that really sucks is how few CP points you have and get. Like, COME ON, how am I supposed to add in all the cards I want without resorting to one-time only premiums?
It was good a thing then that the final level was grinding heaven and I could get LOTS of CP points. I went in at about Lv. 54; faced Marluxia at about Lv. 65.
Sweet!
Signing out!

Only JUST beat Kingdom Hearts II on Proud mode.
I got to say, I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than 1... still trying to decide if I liked it more than Re:Chain of Memories.

It was a marked improvement upon the original, and though it was easier, it still provided moments of difficulty without being unfair... except for a few Organization XIII boss fights which were just unfair.
Speaking of which, the bosses in this game were just amazing! Clear highlights for me were the battles against Axel, Roxas and Xigbar.
I also had a blast mixing and matching keyblades with different battle styles, particularly when grinding Forms.

All that leaves for me now is Birth By Sleep...
A.K.A. My decent into deeper madness because I have to play the game effectively THREE TIMES!
Signing out!

I think I just found my new least favourite boss battle and the worst final boss I have ever faced...
Terra-Xehanort can go **** itself!

Like, seriously, how is this fight even remotely fair?
Long and powerful combos that you can't break out of once he starts and might as well be insta-kills; never stands still for a second, and when he does you can't go near him because then he then unleashes one of those insta-kill combos; can hit you from EVERY angle on the field with several of his attacks... oh, and he can heal himself.
I had to grind for 3 hours just to be able to stand a chance against this boss! And even then, it was still annoyingly hard and unfair! I was only lucky to get him on my first attempt after all that grinding!
Birth By Sleep is a good game, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE this boss!
Signing out!

Pit vs Sora Death Battle

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I love my Brown Spiky Haired boys, but why they picked Pit? I don't see other then the fact they're Blue Eyed, Brown Spiky Haired, and upbeat personality.

Anyway... There's so many rumors in the air about KH3, which i'm not going to adress here until it's confirmed.
And here's ANOTHER reason why I don't bother with Death Battle: half the time, their match-ups make no sense!
Seriously, Sora and Pit?! What's the logic behind that?
Logic is boring, that's why there's less. If there always was logic to video games most of them would be simulators of stuff like divorce, paying taxes, and dieting.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Sure, video game logic is just that: video game logic.
But we're talking about putting two video game characters head to head. There needs to be a reason for it aside from "Because."

Crash vs. Spyro? PlayStation mascots and old rivals/friends (does that make them frenemies?) - makes sense.
Ratchet vs. Jak? Same thing, but for the PS2 - makes sense.
Mario vs. Sonic? Do I need to explain why?
Scrooge McDuck vs. Shovel Knight...? Like, WHAT?!
IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
Signing out!

The Ducktales Videogame, is probably the reason why that last fight mentioned.

Shovel Knight and Scrouge kinda share in common, also, they're too technical on these Death Battles. Like with all that Science logic.

Sora vs Pit, I don't even know who to cheer for. Sora is my favorite character of all time, and Pit is "my secondary main" on Smash 4 also Kid Icarus Uprising is a pretty good game and hilarious.
Just a bit of a warning right now, there's leaked pictures of the Premier Event going on, watch out for Social Media sites. The Embargo lifts until Friday at 6am PST.
Well, I guess it's time to sum up my thoughts on Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

I actually really liked Dream Drop Distance. Sure, the Spirit mechanic was a little monotonous and annoying at times, but the core gameplay was still so much fun! I also liked how they told the game's story, which Inwon't elaborate on in fear of spoiler/stuffing up something.
If there was one thing that sucked... Young Xehanort's boss fight.
There's a video of my battle with him on my channel. I grinded 19 levels just to beat him, and he STILL proved untouchable.

Birth By Sleep 0.2 - A fragmentary passage - not only gets my vote for longest gaming title in English, but as essentially a tech demo for Kingdom Hearts 3, it was really good. With that in mind, the graphics were amazing and how the game puts an end to Aqua's tale and then leads into the beginning of KH3 was really good. It might be only 2 hours long, but it was still a fun time.
I do look forward to seeing what happens now in KH3. The only thing I'm worried about is the frame rate. On my standard issue PS4, the frame rate here was pretty bad. It wasn't annoying, but it was very distracting. I hope that doesn't happen again...

X Back Cover was an interesting story... it felt like a Kingdom Hearts 'whodunit?' with how the Master of Masters gave his students their different roles in the proficy. (Is that how you spell it?) What I said should make sense to those that have seen it.
For essentially being the backstory to the Keyblade War, it did a good job of giving it a good story.
One thing I want to ask, though:
Signing out!

You Seen the KH3 gameplay? i did see a little.
I've seen bits and pieces.
What I'm really looking forward to finding out are some of the story aspects, specifically those pertaining to or relating to Terra, Ventus and Aqua.

Terra:

Ventus:

Aqua:

Then, of course, you have the roles of Kairi and Lea to consider.
Will they be playable as well in the game at some point?

I sure hope so!
Signing out!

Kingdom Hearts III is coming January 29, 2019!
Frozen trailer -

(06-10-2018, 11:24 AM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: Kingdom Hearts III is coming January 29, 2019!

Pushed back AGAIN?
I was actually looking forward to it...

How can they not be done working on the game?

*watches trailer... and sees someone he never wanted to see again*
Oh good God, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Larxene is back! WHYYYYYYYYYY?
I mean, it makes sense why. She's probably the coldest-hearted of the original Organization XIII - which is ironic since they weren't meant to have hearts - but I do NOT look forward to fighting her again!

*watches to end*
Oh no... first Terra, now Aqua?
This... this is gonna hurt.
Signing out!

It was pushed back once.

Also has to do with the feedback of the event I guess, because of how it was controling.

Also "You're too late..."
I was hit in the feels when Aqua said that...
Though I struggle to comprehend why she has Xehanort's eyes. Or is that simply a consequence of the darkness?
(It's gonna be emotionally painful if we have to fight her...)
Signing out!

KAIRI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh i really screamed when I saw her.