Spyro's Kingdom - SSA Early Concept
Oh, I right! I forgot about the paper Spyro, it was posted somewhere right?
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
It was one of the Activision blog articles, which are long gone. It was hard enough to find the one on the King Spyro concept, because it was a repost of a repost.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I thought an image of it was posted on the other forums somewhere...

Nevermind, I found it. Smile I saved the file.

[Image: 89b295e470941179376c3bc0ced357fe.png]
Tiny Spyro takes a weird turn now that Young Conker is a thing... To be fair, Spyro didn't do a 180 on mood and writing just to be cutesy.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I had no idea about these Spyro concepts (except the mature Spyro one).

Probably a good thing that these were scrapped; I can't see ANY of these working at all!
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
Finally we got an image of the 'Gritty' one, it looks some straight outta The Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age.

Although that Origami one is just plain weird and i wonder what's with there concept of 'tiny' Spyro.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ I make silly AUs for a living.
I rediscovered the original video where the concepts came from! yes! Starts at 3:15.

I just wonder about the Tiny and Origami game concepts more... I just wonder what how the game would looked like.

Really Future Spyro games need to be Experimental, just like the Kirby Games.
Yes, that is an actual possibility that I can see. Just as long as they don't go TOO far with it and inadvertently push the age rating up.

I think they should try and do Skylander games dedicated to single Skylanders, namely Eon's Elite. Think about it, you have SO many possibilities just waiting to be discovered!
  • A crazy hack-'n'-slash game starring Chop Chop; I.e. Dynasty Warriors, No More Heroes, Devil May Cry
  • A stealth/stealth-platformer starring Stealth Elf (duh); I.e. Metal Gear Solid, Sly Cooper
  • A hectic take on the shooter genre starting Trigger Happy or Zook; I.e. Ratchet Clank, Jak 3, Metroid Prime (if they want to try FPS)
  • OR how about a game in the style of classic Spyro the Dragon starring... drum roll please! *drum roll* Spyro the Dragon. DUN, DUN DUUUUUUUN!!!
Signing out!
I want more look at Tiny and Origami Spyro...! *whines*
Please someone find the Tiny and Origami concepts and the gritty too i want to see what they had in mind.
I don't think we'll be allowed to see those gritty concept ideas; not because they're 'inappropriate' but because of some form of legal reasons. It's the same reason we can't see the concept art for the Crash Bandicoot Krome Studios pitch. Sad, isn't it?

I feel for you, Kairi.
From one of the vimeo links of Spyro's Adventure Early days of PvP, Spyro had his LoS-like design XD

[Image: VTMt6wY.png]

And Skylanders were originally planned to have their own video backstories. Here is a look at Bomb Troll's (Boomer):

Hmm.. well these sure are interesting.
And in this room would be where I keep my legendary LUMINOUS figure!  Angel

IF THERE WAS ONE!  Angry

NOW I'M REAAALLY DONE WITH SOCIETY!  Luminous 
More like the most messed up video I have ever seen.
I'm 2 good for everyone. Cool
That Spyro design looks more like a deformed version of his Enter the Dragonfly design...
That's a hideous thought!
Signing out!
With the idea of Paper Spyro floating around it sounds a lot like Paper Mario.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Just one thing I'd like to share due to what I've just read on the first page.

I started out as a Spyro fan and initially was not at all pleased by Spyro's new design and persona - and I gotta say, I still don't like it that much. Got used to it though, so no hatred to the guy. And well, at least the game itself looked fun when I first saw it, and it's only when I brought myself to buy it - sacrificing 4 games in the process to get the money needed - that I realized that I should stop concidering as a Spyro game, but as something of its own right that I should see without, y'know, remembering everything else I knew about what Spyro was before.

...Easily one of the best gaming decisions of my life.

Spyro's gameplay was at least really fun - and still is - and Skylanders as a whole has a cartoony charm that I always welcome; not to mention the voice actors and musical prowess seemed just amazing to me. I seriously started loving the franchise when I first fought Kaos. and had Trigger Happy laughing his way through the bossfight. (also, Richard freakin' Horvitz as Kaos. Nuff said).
The point is, discovering this topic is fascinating to me and I'm glad I read it, because it actually seems like Skylanders was going to be a Spyro follow-up originally with Spyro's Kingdom, and THEN became Skylanders, keeping the subtitle "Spyro's Adventures" as a memento to what it was in its early stages. I mean... It doesn't matter now, since I love Skylanders so much anyway, but it's still very good to know.  Back to this page's topic now!

Origami Spyro sounds like a mix of Paper Mario and that one episode of Jackie Chan Adventures where they meet a guy who can turn into magic paper sharp enough to cut through freaking steel, fly around, climb, pass through tight structures, etc. An Origami Spyro could be a reeeeeeeeeally interesting adventure game, unlike the RPG nature Paper Mario has. I for one would love to see Spyro having to deal with a curese tha tturns him and his enviroment into paper, and he'd have to deal with the new form and its limitations.

Also a shooting game involving Trigger Happy or the Skylanders in general sounds absolutely amazing. Giants already added SOME Bullet Hell elements with the whole polarity thing Chompy Mage and lateer Arkeyan Kaos introduced, so a whole side-adventure on that? Yes please  Big Grin
Hi y'all! Tortwag here, just another new member.
If you're lookin' for me, I'll be working on a lil' fanfiction, fan Skylander-related lore, and eventually an art thread that goes along with it - focused on Arkeyan stuff, mind you. 

Anyway, Nice to meet you, people!

Forgot to add these, from the old One of Swords interview on some of the characters that were originally in Spyro's Kingdom:

[Image: cbb97f5692af5a696f8b8c8e711fc911.jpg]

[Image: c200cd0433f2734043466e9c9fb69f26.jpg]
I've seen some of these concepts before... except for Bomb Troll.
It's a good thing they didn't stick with THAT design!