we have Racing...any other potential Skylanders spin-offs?
while I'm not a big fan of the racing in Superchargers, I do love Superchargers Racing on 3DS. And Battlecast looks like a lot of fun. It got me thinking of other spin-off titles that might fight Skylanders well...I came up with 1 in particular, partially inspired by the opening cutscenes to Spyro's Adventure & Superchargers: a Dynasty Warriors game. We have almost 200 unique Skylanders to play as, offering a huge and ever increasing roster...plenty of cool baddies to slaughter by the hundreds across the series....the Senseis even have potential Musou attacks via their Sky-Chi.
Ore Sanjou! -Momotaros
Let's see, we had a Farmville like game in Lost Islands, and a tap and shoot with Cloud Patrol...

How about RPG-like spin off game? Starter Skylanders, Quests, bosses, XP points.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I was thinking a Mystery Dungeon like Skylanders spin off. But to be honest, that would never happen. Because that would up to Chunsoft to do it and it's not a Japanese IP and the games are not popluar there.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
(08-28-2016, 01:05 AM)ChillStealthElf Wrote: I came up with 1 in particular, partially inspired by the opening cutscenes to Spyro's Adventure & Superchargers: a Dynasty Warriors game.

I came up with this idea myself, except it was based on the concept that there were games designed for individual Skylanders, specifically Chop Chop.

Quote:CrystalBlazier

How about RPG-like spin off game? Starter Skylanders, Quests, bosses, XP points.

Most others would direct you to Battlecast, but I know what you mean. You mean more like PokèMon, right? I'd like it too, except I envision it more in the style of Final Fantasy.
And my vision is that the playable characters are the dragons. We have around 16 of them, if not more, so why not give them their own game? Be a good excuse to include Malefor into the games.

On a whole, I also think a Mario Party type game could work (as long as it isn't a blatant and terrible rip-off - like most tend to be), or maybe even a sports collection game like the 'Mario & Sonic at the Olympics' series.
Or maybe, in keeping with my idea about single Skylander adventures, a specific game for specific Skylanders? Like a Sly Cooper-sequel game for Stealth Elf; an Uncharted-sequel game for Gill Grunt; a special take on FPS for Trigger Happy...
Or how about a Spyro game that plays like the classics?! That'll I've the middle finger to the retro fanbase!
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
(08-28-2016, 02:37 AM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: How about RPG-like spin off game? Starter Skylanders, Quests, bosses, XP points.

Aren't the main games already considered to be RPGs?
The RPG genre has many sub-categories, and the main games are classified as action RPG's; Crystal is referring to a turn based system, like PokèMon and Final Fantasy.
Technically we have that in Battlecast, but that uses a card system.
Signing out!

Turn Based RPG Skylanders Spin Off? It sounds more logical then my Mystery Dungeon Idea. That would be more fun to play.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
Smash-like game or MOBA.
Skylanders Youtube Channels: Legends of Skylands | Skylanders Music Channel
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Battlecast Cards List with .png images: BattlecastCards.com
Smash idea: Oh! Yes please!

MOBA: Hmm... not for me.
Signing out!

let's see...
how about giving Skylanders academy it's own spin-off type game where you can customised the academy for your own style.
such as being able to bring back all the old challenges from all the way back from Spyro's adventure to Imaginators. (and maybe a couple of new arenas, quests, race tracks, and maybe some online gameplay to ether compete with other portal masters online.)
I don't really see where you're going with your idea, Barrysun.
Care to much elaborate for those who struggle to understand (myself included)?
Signing out!

Skylanders Academy-based game where players can customize the Skylanders Academy hub, having the option of bringing back the heroic challenges, arenas, race tracks, and quests other online players can participate in.

I think that's what Barry is saying.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
(08-29-2016, 08:40 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: Skylanders Academy-based game where players can customize the Skylanders Academy hub, having the option of bringing back the heroic challenges, arenas, race tracks, and quests other online players can participate in.

I think that's what Barry is saying.

Yeah, that's how it read to me ( and I'm easily confused on account of my Aspergers )...I'm thinking sort of a Disney Infinity Toy Box type mode based on the description
Ore Sanjou! -Momotaros
(08-29-2016, 08:43 PM)ChillStealthElf Wrote: Yeah, that's how it read to me (and I'm easily confused on account of my Aspergers )... I'm thinking sort of a Disney Infinity Toy Box type mode based on the description

Well, that makes 2 of us, then! Except I have more problems with tact... and tolerance.

Anyway, now that I understand Barrysun's idea better, I really don't see the concept working... successfully.
Can it be done? Yes! It'd be a good reason to re-release old magic items, traps and Adventure Packs. I just can't imagine the toy box style being a big selling point for the Skylanders franchise.
Signing out!

(08-30-2016, 02:03 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 08:43 PM)ChillStealthElf Wrote: Yeah, that's how it read to me (and I'm easily confused on account of my Aspergers )... I'm thinking sort of a Disney Infinity Toy Box type mode based on the description

Well, that makes 2 of us, then! Except I have more problems with tact... and tolerance.

Anyway, now that I understand Barrysun's idea better, I really don't see the concept working... successfully.
Can it be done? Yes! It'd be a good reason to re-release old magic items, traps and Adventure Packs. I just can't imagine the toy box style being a big selling point for the Skylanders franchise.

Well, while I was playing with a couple of the older games, it makes wondered how well I missed some of the old levels. I think they could have given the older adventure packs a new purpose, (like unlocking new arenas with old villains that could've been trapable), revisit some of the old levels with new twists and enemies, and some quests like heroicchallenges and quests.
(09-25-2016, 07:00 PM)Barrysun Wrote:

Well, while I was playing with a couple of the older games, it makes wondered how well I missed some of the old levels. I think they could have given the older adventure packs a new purpose, (like unlocking new arenas with old villains that could've been trapable), revisit some of the old levels with new twists and enemies, and some quests like heroicchallenges and quests.

I feel like in the case of Disney Infinity the toy box mode made more sense and was more successful for them because the main adventure packs were way too short to begin with and the whole marketing point was building your own adventure. As for the older adventure packs, maybe they can incorporate new levels based on them in future games and expand on their lore. I personally loved the Dragon's Peak pack and would love to see a more expanded lore and characters.
(09-25-2016, 07:40 PM)imanirox890 Wrote:

I feel like in the case of Disney Infinity the toy box mode made more sense and was more successful for them because the main adventure packs were way too short to begin with and the whole marketing point was building your own adventure. As for the older adventure packs, maybe they can incorporate new levels based on them in future games and expand on their lore. I personally loved the Dragon's Peak pack and would love to see a more expanded lore and characters.

yeah, I'm with you on the old Adventure Packs...especially considering the fact Pirate Seas wasn't all that piratey ( wtf was with that stupid card matching game? I wanted to fight a ton of pirates.... ) and on the console Trap Team, the Nightmare Express level had next to nothing to do with the titular train....using them to unlock new stages based on their locations or themes is actually part of my free to play idea I came up with ( all digital, with cheap instant Skylanders & vehicles as well as levels but those of us with the toys can unlock the same content by scanning the toys on our portals ).
Ore Sanjou! -Momotaros
(09-25-2016, 11:02 PM)ChillStealthElf Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 07:40 PM)imanirox890 Wrote:

yeah, I'm with you on the old Adventure Packs...especially considering the fact Pirate Seas wasn't all that piratey ( wtf was with that stupid card matching game? I wanted to fight a ton of pirates.... ) and on the console Trap Team, the Nightmare Express level had next to nothing to do with the titular train....using them to unlock new stages based on their locations or themes is actually part of my free to play idea I came up with ( all digital, with cheap instant Skylanders & vehicles as well as levels but those of us with the toys can unlock the same content by scanning the toys on our portals ).
and maybe plus for more custom-made academy, you could hire some new/old NPC to add in some new/old facilities to the academy.
I'd definitely hire Brock for his battle arenas.
Well I do li like a skylanders art academy sort game to Lear how to draw skylanders But by the skylanders academy to design the academy sounds cool to