Personally Disliked and Barely Appreciated Skylanders.
( This thread was not created for the purpose of allowing bickering, or hateful comments, and behavior! )
( If I see such actions within this thread, I will personally report the users involved. )
( !!! If I see a large increase in said activities, I have no problem requesting this thread be taken down !!! )

With such a large roster of characters, and even multiple iterations of certain characters, it shouldn't be a surprise that not everyone absolutely loves, each, and every single one. The purpose of this thread, is to discuss the reasoning behind why you dislike a certain character, in a mature and constructful way.

I will give an example using my least favorite character, Trigger Happy S1-S3. My reasoning behind this is, he doesn't fit the trope of a gunslinger that well. He is a reckless, destructive, and most of all inaccurate with his shots. Being reckeless and destructive is actually o.k. for someone to be a hero, as long as they get rid of the bad guys, no one cares, and most gunslingers destroy entire towns in old westerns when having a gun fight. The problem is, most, if not all gunslingers are able to shoot the side of a dime, and this is where I feel his merrit dies as a gunslinger. 

Now here's the thing, I actually LOVE, Double Dare Trigger Happy! Making him into a dare devil really changed my views of Trigger Happy and his behavior. It finally makes sense why he's such a reckless, and hyperactive character.  Jumping head first in to things, shooting willy nilly, and the coins add such an awesome flair of novelty, with the fire hoops , and canon! I think Trigger Happy is fantastic as an entertainer, and if they ever end up re-imagining him again, I would like to see a magician take on him.

So what are some of your disliked Skylanders? Why is that? Is it their personality, or do you dislike them because of a more mechanical reason? Also, if you only dislike a certain series, or re-imagining, why is that, and what do you like about the other versions of them that you don't like about this one?
Gameplay wise, I really dislike Wrecking Ball and Lightning Rod. Their attacks seemed weak and boring to me, and imo are overall lame characters. I like Lightning Rod's design, though.
Yeah, I hear that. One that I have, who's design I absolutlely love, but isn't that strong is my Lightcore Whamshell. I love crustaceans, and so design wise I think he looks great, and I mean come on, a crab who was a king, who doesn't like king crab haha?( I like mine with butter ) I've tried both paths however, and decided on the starfish shooting one, but he just doesn't perform as well as other Water Skylanders.
Scorp. Oh man, Scorp.

Design. His face doesn't work, the dreamworks grin is horrifying. He's all over the place in silhouette - huge jaws in his cheeks, balls for limb muscles, the tail really shouldn't be like that on a bipedal creature. His colors are really dull - Earth can get some pretty interesting schemes, but sure, let's go with mud, boring yellow, and a tiny bit of green.
Gameplay. A scorpion that throws goo rocks and poisonous stings. Creative Earth theme.....? No, it's nothing to do with Earth, poison is Undead.
Figure. That design, plus colors that look nothing like the game, and a pose that screams 'we spent 5 minutes just cropping one of his idle animations'. Ew.

I have a lot of meh characters, but it's hard to get as much dislike as Scorp for me.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
(10-10-2016, 04:32 PM)Graupel Wrote: Scorp. Oh man, Scorp.

Design. His face doesn't work, the dreamworks grin is horrifying. He's all over the place in silhouette - huge jaws in his cheeks, balls for limb muscles, the tail really shouldn't be like that on a bipedal creature. His colors are really dull - Earth can get some pretty interesting schemes, but sure, let's go with mud, boring yellow, and a tiny bit of green.
Gameplay. A scorpion that throws goo rocks and poisonous stings. Creative Earth theme.....? No, it's nothing to do with Earth, poison is Undead.
Figure. That design, plus colors that look nothing like the game, and a pose that screams 'we spent 5 minutes just cropping one of his idle animations'. Ew.

I have a lot of meh characters, but it's hard to get as much dislike as Scorp for me.

I think the reason he is an Earth Skylander, is because he is supposed to be a rock scorpion ( very punny). They live in Africa hence why his bio references a flat desert area with a ton of heat.
Boom Jet. Design wise just ugh i never liked him and Air elementals gimmicklanders don´t have good designs until Stormblade broke this trend. Although i can´t judge the gameplay since i don´t own SWAP Force or other games later then that one.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Under the Same Sky
Lightning Rod, this is the only Skylander I wish did not exist. His abilities are not the worst, but I hate his design and personality.
Skylanders Youtube Channels: Legends of Skylands | Skylanders Music Channel
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Battlecast Cards List with .png images: BattlecastCards.com
(10-10-2016, 04:45 PM)Gryfinthegreat Wrote: I think the reason he is an Earth Skylander, is because he is supposed to be a rock scorpion ( very punny). They live in Africa hence why his bio references a flat desert area with a ton of heat.

I think I heard this before, but the design fails for not showing it, more than the idea fitting or not. If he actually had sand and rock attacks, or could harden his skin for something like Thrilipede's cocoon move, he'd definately fit, even if it wouldn't improve the design a whole lot, but that's only a defense upgrade and not much else. The ball attack also looks preeeetty awkward.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
(10-10-2016, 06:08 PM)Graupel Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 04:45 PM)Gryfinthegreat Wrote: I think the reason he is an Earth Skylander, is because he is supposed to be a rock scorpion ( very punny). They live in Africa hence why his bio references a flat desert area with a ton of heat.

I think I heard this before, but the design fails for not showing it, more than the idea fitting or not. If he actually had sand and rock attacks, or could harden his skin for something like Thrilipede's cocoon move, he'd definately fit, even if it wouldn't improve the design a whole lot, but that's only a defense upgrade and not much else. The ball attack also looks preeeetty awkward.

Oh, I 100% agree with you. Rock scorpions are flat so they can fit under rocks, to help escape the heat and, because it's one of the few hiding places for them in their region.
Oh boy, here we go.

I may as well start with Hoot Loop. I find his gameplay more annoying and difficult to master than the other Skylanders - most of which I am learning their effective uses for and putting into detail on the Wiki. Hootloop

Food Fight. Because EVERYTHING!! He's good in Battlecast as one of the best healing/buffing mages I have seen in an RPG - I like him there. Main series? Nope. Foodfight

And now for the one that breaks my heart...
Spoiler:
I have always HATED playing as Eruptor ( either version...Lava Lance wasn't much better than S1-3 & Weeruptor ), Wrecking Ball, Fryno/Small Fry, Warnado, Blastermind, Rip Tide, Shroomboom and Hurricane Jet Vac. Astroblast is kind of on that list too, but he actually wouldn't be that bad if his movement wasn't so SLOW and his flash kick ( had to make the Guile reference ) wasn't weaker than a Chompy....
Ore Sanjou! -Momotaros
Oooh yeah speaking of Superchargers that blow, how but the one that blows horns? ( Fiesta ) I will openly admit, I HATE minion spawners, not the concept though, just how Skylanders seems to make minion AI the dumbest things I have ever seen.......ever. I mean, they are soo bad at minion spawners, my user name is Gryfinthegreat and I have yet to break down and get Sonic Boom. ( I seriously love gryphons too )

Frightful Fiesta was one of my most anticipated Superchargers, soo much so that I ordered him online and had him shipped to me just to ensure that I got him. He was the first single pack character that I got too.

And he is soo freaken weak it's pathetic! How did they think Fiestas gamplay was good enough.... like HOW? 12 damage? Really! 12!!! And it's not even fast! It ticks soo slowely! His minions are a bit better, but he is so weak he can't cover for them when they bunk things up and get caught on stairs or get pulverised by stronger enemies. I love how he can buff his minions and get more defense but he moves soo slowely that you're better off not buffing your minions just to avoid getting hit. All they would have to do to make him at the very least viable, would be to speed him up while he buffs his minions, seriously just don't bog him down soo much when he's marching, and in skull form, and suddenly he would be amazing....
Astroblast is my least favorite. Almost everything about this guy is lazy especially the backstory. I don't have Astro blast and I never saw gameplay of him (and I don't want to) so I can't really comment on his move set.
Popfizz Astroblast  Are the guys i hate.
(10-10-2016, 10:29 PM)Gryfinthegreat Wrote: Oooh yeah speaking of Superchargers that blow, how but the one that blows horns? ( Fiesta ) I will openly admit, I HATE minion spawners, not the concept though, just how Skylanders seems to make minion AI the dumbest things I have ever seen.......ever. I mean, they are soo bad at minion spawners, my user name is Gryfinthegreat and I have yet to break down and get Sonic Boom. ( I seriously love gryphons too )

Frightful Fiesta was one of my most anticipated Superchargers, soo much so that I ordered him online and had him shipped to me just to ensure that I got him. He was the first single pack character that I got too.

And he is soo freaken weak it's pathetic! How did they think Fiestas gamplay was good enough.... like HOW? 12 damage? Really! 12!!! And it's not even fast! It ticks soo slowely! His minions are a bit better, but he is so weak he can't cover for them when they bunk things up and get caught on stairs or get pulverised by stronger enemies. I love how he can buff his minions and get more defense but he moves soo slowely that you're better off not buffing your minions just to avoid getting hit. All they would have to do to make him at the very least viable, would be to speed him up while he buffs his minions, seriously just don't bog him down soo much when he's marching, and in skull form, and suddenly he would be amazing....

If I ever get my hands on him, I'll see if I can find his effective gameplay, then add it to the Wiki. I'm in the process of doing Roller Brawl, Dino-Rang and Pop Thorn right now.
I'm good at finding effective gameplay styles, for anything. You should see me playing the original Ratchet and Clank!
I personally don't have a disliked character gameplay-wise (Don't have trap team so I can't judge the skylanders gameplay wise) , but design wise, I'd say zook, tread head and maybe drill sergeant.
(10-11-2016, 01:07 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 10:29 PM)Gryfinthegreat Wrote: Oooh yeah speaking of Superchargers that blow, how but the one that blows horns? ( Fiesta ) I will openly admit, I HATE minion spawners, not the concept though, just how Skylanders seems to make minion AI the dumbest things I have ever seen.......ever. I mean, they are soo bad at minion spawners, my user name is Gryfinthegreat and I have yet to break down and get Sonic Boom. ( I seriously love gryphons too )

If I ever get my hands on him, I'll see if I can find his effective gameplay, then add it to the Wiki. I'm in the process of doing Roller Brawl, Dino-Rang and Pop Thorn right now.
I'm good at finding effective gameplay styles, for anything. You should see me playing the original Ratchet and Clank!

Got him now!
And he's actually not that bad.

Sure his direct output is low, but he makes up for it with his effectiveness in minion spawning. How? After deploying some Amigos, he can then play 5 Solo notes to power them up and then Lay Low to stay out of damage... and when he pops back up, you can play another 5 Solo notes Andy make the Amigos hang around even longer!
If you know what you're doing, he's pretty good.

"It's Party Time!"
Fiesta Fiesta, official catchphrase
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
(12-22-2016, 07:12 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 01:07 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote:

Got him now!
And he's actually not that bad.

Sure his direct output is low, but he makes up for it with his effectiveness in minion spawning. How? After deploying some Amigos, he can then play 5 Solo notes to power them up and then Lay Low to stay out of damage... and when he pops back up, you can play another 5 Solo notes Andy make the Amigos hang around even longer!
If you know what you're doing, he's pretty good.

"It's Party Time!"
Fiesta Fiesta, official catchphrase

That's how I played as him when I used him, (I refuse to leave any Skylander un-leveled no matter how much I dislike them) my problem is his speed de-buff leaving him at a huge dis-advantage to do that, while other options out there dont have a trade off nearely that crippeling.
Then the answer is simple: don't move! You don't have to with Fiesta - just stand still and away from your enemies; the Solo shots have a surprising range.

Don't forget that there are Portal Master Powers that you can activate that can further counter the problem, such as Speed buffs (plus the Ice-Cream Hat for maximum Speed); the Attack cripple power to make him bulkier.
You can also Lay Low for about 2-3 seconds without losing any Amigos.

But I can't change your opinion on him...
I have a few disliked skylanders top ones are double trouble voodood wrecking ball lightnng rod and boom jet.
Double trouble voodood lightning rod and wrecking ball I just think there so weak in attacks but also with wrecking balls ball attack it a slow to charge up and get him going most bad guys will attack before wrecking ball gets going and boom jet I just don't like his design .
Roll with the punches
Personally, there isn't really a Skylander that I don't like. There are some that I like more than others, but none that I don't like. The reason is because I don't have all the Skylanders.
"Let's heat things up!"
Skylanders and dragons for life!
Whirlwind Flashwing Sunburn Camo Spyro Drobot Cynder Echo Spotlight Blackout