For the truly dedicated fans...
Can I just ask who here grew up with either Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon on the PlayStation and appreciates Skylanders? (any stories regarding are fine)

I grew up playing Crash Bandicoot - and still loving the classics to this day - and played a bit of Spyro and I ADORE Skylanders! It has quickly become one of my favourite gaming franchises alongside Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank and PokéMon. Heart

I ask this because a lot of retro- Crash and Spyro fans despise Skylanders. Just want to sort out the devoted from the... well, you get the idea.
I grew with them on the PS2,doers that count?

I started with them, loved Skylanders for what it is and not for what I want on a Spyro game, and I like them all the same. Crash a lil' bit less, didn't play his games as much when I still had that console,but I like the series.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
(04-11-2016, 07:24 AM)Graupel Wrote: I grew with them on the PS2,doers that count?

I started with them, loved Skylanders for what it is and not for what I want on a Spyro game, and I like them all the same. Crash a lil' bit less, didn't play his games as much when I still had that console,but I like the series.

That's fine... as long as you don't bring up Crash Twinsanity.
I'm sorry, but I hate that game. I'd prefer if people didn't gush over it when I'm around or I will go on a tirade... and if push comes to shove thinks will get REAL bad! (especially for me... *gulp*)

The PS2 games? Perfectly fine, although I reckon many fans steer away from Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. Let's not go there!
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
I had to settle for those for some time - it was some year where I just couldn't find PS2 games and had to resort to renting them, and only ETD and Twinsanity were around. Looking at the good side, I remember choosing them over Shadow the Hedgehog. Younger me was smarter in that case at least.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
Yeah I started with Riptos' Rage back on the Ps1 slim model lol! I sure wish Crash was made a Supercharger, it would have been a fun throwback to Bandacoot Racing.
The only Spyro game I played was Year of the Dragon, which I enjoyed as a kid, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Spyro, nor do I hate him. The only Crash Bandicoot game I played was a demo on the Year of the Dragon CD. I was not attracted to Skylanders due to Spyro, he is just a guest character that turned out to be a part of the line-up.

Also, I don't think that people who love Skylanders and have played several Spyro games are better/more dedicated fans than those who didn't. Skylanders is its own thing now.
Skylanders Youtube Channels: Legends of Skylands | Skylanders Music Channel
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Battlecast Cards List with .png images: BattlecastCards.com
(04-11-2016, 02:05 PM)Legends of Skylands Wrote: The only Spyro game I played was Year of the Dragon, which I enjoyed as a kid, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Spyro, nor do I hate him. The only Crash Bandicoot game I played was a demo on the Year of the Dragon CD. I was not attracted to Skylanders due to Spyro, he is just a guest character that turned out to be a part of the line-up.

Also, I don't think that people who love Skylanders and have played several Spyro games are better/more dedicated fans than those who didn't. Skylanders is its own thing now.

Case of perspective. While I do agree that Skylanders is separate from Spyro, I believe those who grew up with Spyro and enjoy Skylanders are a lot more open minded than those who don't.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo