Activision's Skylanders Q4 2016 Report: No Console Game for 2017
Activision released a statement from their Q4 2016 report that no new main Skylanders game is confirmed for 2017. However, a new mobile game is in development and new content from Imaginators will be released instead for the year.

Report Wrote:In 2017, rather than releasing a new console title, we will be supporting the award winning Skylanders Imaginators with multiple adventure packs, new characters and new in-game content. We are also excited to bring Skylanders Imaginators to Nintendo Switch as a launch title next month and we have a new Skylanders mobile game in development.

Report Wrote:The Skylanders franchise will not have a full game console release this year, but we will continue to engage the community and drive player investment through new toys and digital content.

[Image: 877f0bf6d915f79d70454e4488c6a3bf.png]
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Does this mean they're adding new figures for imaginators or they are just taking a break?
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Just added a new detail in. New content, including toys, for Imaginators will be made for 2017.
Well, at least we'll be getting SOMETHING!

I'm surprised that they have abandoned Battlecast, really. I was waiting for them to add in those new cards that were found in the games coding but they just haven't done that.
I think someone should make their own rendition of Battlecast - much like Project M was to Smash Bros. - and include the new cards in it... Plus, they have the freedom to create their own Battlecast Skylanders, or possibly create more toned down versions of certain villains so that they are balanced for players.
(I wish I could do something like that... if only I knew how to write game code...)
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

I'm kinda glad, now I can go get trap team now that it's dirt cheap
I'm not sure how I feel about this.... I would normally love and idea like this. Taking a break filled with smaller content, while TFB works on a new game. But I can't help but feel like this might mean the series is being curtailed (*cough* Disney Infinity *cough*). I guess it works for Dimensions. The mobile game seems strange since Activision never seems to support the apps very well. I didn't think this press conference would solve anything, but I'm feeling even less satisfied than I thought.
I was thinking a minute ago. This could potentially mark the beginning of a new franchise strategy going foward.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
If I were to guess this might be a strategy to help increase the overall length of the franchise. They said somewhere that the franchise might be 10-20 years in length with 8-10 main games in the series.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
With Imagionators setup I'm sure the idea of small content releases is just fine.
I'm sort of glad no new game this year gives me a chance to bulk out my figure collection,I have all the 360 games except trap team and a collection of 53 figures ,2 imaginators crystals,3 traps 2 battle items ,2 magic items a,d 1 adventure pack ,so I've quite a bit to collect yet lol.

(02-09-2017, 06:02 PM)Eruptor839 Wrote: I'm kinda glad, now I can go get trap team now that it's dirt cheap

Me to as that's the only game I dont have ,I was gutted though I got Imaginators last week for £45 to find out this week its been dropped to £28
Big Grin Skylander till I die,Kaos,s worst nightmare.
Yeah, Imaginators is pretty darn big, they added Crash, and I personally missed quite a few of the Skylanders game due to financial limitations, so I'd say it's a good thing they don't pour everything into a new game just yeut. If they focus on smaller content and plan ahead for next year, things well definitely get more interesting, or so I believe.
Hi y'all! Tortwag here, just another new member.
If you're lookin' for me, I'll be working on a lil' fanfiction, fan Skylander-related lore, and eventually an art thread that goes along with it - focused on Arkeyan stuff, mind you. 

Anyway, Nice to meet you, people!

New details on Activision's 2017 Skylanders decision found by user Skyfan91 off-site:

That article is from just over 3 months ago.
Who knows what relevance it had now?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

Uhhh. A chunk of this was already known. In fact, Kotaku reported on the layoffs at Activision not long after the financial report.
http://kotaku.com/layoffs-hit-activision...1792224059
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
(05-30-2017, 08:24 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: That article is from just over 3 months ago.
Who knows what relevance it had now?

You're right, it can change or it remains the same reasons.

(05-30-2017, 08:25 AM)Operationgamer17 Wrote: Uhhh. A chunk of this was already known. In fact, Kotaku reported on the layoffs at Activision not long after the financial report.
http://kotaku.com/layoffs-hit-activision...1792224059

Usually Activision doesn't tell the reason behind their decisions at times.
That article was pretty positive about the whole thing, which is nice to see. It was a shock at the time to read all that, but looking back it doesn't seem so bad.