Com2us developing Skylanders RPG Mobile Game
Com2us announced that they will be developing a Skylanders RPG mobile for early 2018. The Skylanders RPG features real-time combat and some strategy elements usually found in turn-based RPGs.

Google Translation Wrote:Com2uS has taken the lead in the global game activation and mobile gaming business. They have signed a contract with Activision Publishing (Activision) for a global mobile game business that uses game IP (intellectual property).

Activision is an affiliate of global game company Activision Blizzard, which provides a variety of popular games such as 'Skylanders', 'Call of Duty' and 'Destiny'.

Through this agreement, Activision will provide the IP of global popular game, and Comus will take charge of mobile game production and worldwide service. The game will be a mobile game based on Activision's representative video game "SKYLANDERS".

'Skylanders' pioneered the toys-to-life genre that combines games and toys and sold more than $ 3.5 billion globally, and more than 300 million figures It is the 11th largest console franchise game. Recently, it has been produced as an animation through Netflix, an online broadcasting service, and is being broadcasted worldwide, raising its IP value.

Com2us is already developing the 'Skylanders' mobile game as a genre of RPG (role-playing game) of 'real-time turn system' centered on real-time game between users. In the first half of 2018, "He said.

"We are looking forward to collaborating with Com2us, which has proven its ability to deliver exceptional game development and live services to the global market," Activision officials said. "We will build a successful business model by combining the global mobile game capabilities of Com2uS and the powerful IP power of Activision," he said.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Skylanders RPG, RPG?!?! Finally what I always wanted a Skylanders RPG but until 2018...

Wait and the 2017 one is...?
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ I make silly AUs for a living.
Com2us is pretty much known for their mobile game Summoners War: Sky Arena. Which, to put it lightly, has a lot of what's wrong with the mobile game industry. It's not a horrible game by any means, but it panders to "whales" a LOT, and reuses assets like there's no tomorrow.

Almost expecting us to have to pay for all of our Skylanders again if that's the case, and REALLY hoping that won't be the only mobile game in the future.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
Well it appears Skylander Games will continue to release all the way to 2018 even if it's on mobile! It's better than nothing I guess,
But is if this is the 2018 game, what's the 2017 game?
[Image: cuSXB8E.png]
Looking for event staff & content creators! Message me now! 
I'm guessing this IS the 2017 game, but presumably got pushed back.
(02-17-2017, 03:05 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: I'm guessing this IS the 2017 game, but presumably got pushed back.

Maybe.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
Or maybe it's a spin-off?
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Just to point out, Activision didn't state the release date for the mobile game was 2017 in their report. Com2us however announced the release for it is 2018 next year.
Yep, Activision just announced the upcoming RPG mobile is the same mobile game they announced in their Q4 report. Some sources have it set for late 2017 release, but it's not officially announced yet.

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Skylander...p/10183108
[Image: DH1UkLvXcAIlBFg.jpg:large]

Mobile game at Gamescom, apparently.
Squee?
False alarm. Those are toys from last year's Kinder egg set. They have an AR functionality and might've been used for the app, but they're not the toys we're looking for.
Is there even anything Skylanders related at Gamescon?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
[Image: DH1mqaOWAAIucBE.jpg:large]

Here's the zoomed out version if it means anything.
Squee?
(08-22-2017, 07:56 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Is there even anything Skylanders related at Gamescon?

So far, no.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
Skylacine, that's also the easter egg content. This app came with the figures, you put your frozen-with-terror Spyro on a pad, use the camera, and tap the screen for him to fire at enemies.
(08-22-2017, 09:12 AM)Skylacine Wrote: [Image: DH1mqaOWAAIucBE.jpg:large]

Here's the zoomed out version if it means anything.

This looks pretty Interesting
I love Skylanders with all my heart,I also like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot too.  Sleepy
Whoa this looks interesting. I can't wait.
"Let's heat things up!"
Skylanders and dragons for life!
Whirlwind Flashwing Sunburn Camo Spyro Drobot Cynder Echo Spotlight Blackout 
I've been lied to then xD
Squee?
I'm guessing you got the misinformation from another Skylanders fan?
Skyfan91 or something. On Twitter.
Squee?
Oh yeah, heard he tends to jump into conclusions.
Just like the solar eclipse it's rare for someone's brain like his to start working and look for evidence. I don't mean to be rude but that seems like the same idea youtubers that aren't very good have like skylanderboyandgirl and alpha ambush. They do put a lot of effort into their videos but if it's obvious that it's wrong their should be something clicking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0

Yes idiots.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Using hype for attention and views, I guess. To be fair, a kid could see these as a genuine leak because these eggs only appeared in Europe I believe, but there were videos last Easter about it, fans who see frequent news at least would have a fleeting memory of the figures.

I mean, it's hard to forget that Eruptor's kinda melting in place.
So are those real pictures of the new app or not?
No, they're not real pictures from the app. Just from another old mobile feature game.
Oh, thank you! They got me. I'm glad this isn't it, it seems a little weird. Why haven't these surfaced until now?
Sorry for getting your hopes up, ya'll. I'm just as eager for this game as the most of you, I think xD I had no clue about the Kinder egg figures and app tbh.
Squee?
They were only released in the UK, that's why. Smile
UK, France and Italy, I believe. Oddly other countries got the rest of the sets without Skylanders,while the US didn't get it at all because Kinder eggs are banned.

Some users are trying to deflect their mistake as 'omg guys this is totally new' on Instagram. No, it's a year old, and the app isn't even that good since it's based on the worst Universe minigame(well at least it reminds me of Ground Defense).