main villain ideas
So since I've seen that people want to see a new main villain besides Kaos. Which villain would make a good main villain or what is your idea for a new villain?
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
Malefor could potential be a main villain for a Skylanders game, but the devs keep missing this oppurtunity.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
(03-22-2017, 07:37 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: Malefor could potential be a main villain for a Skylanders game, but the devs keep missing this oppurtunity.
With Spyro's 20th anniversary coming next year it could be possible. Wink
(Its is next year right?)
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
Malefor, the Darkness again, Kaossandra(but maybe make her not be such a female counterpart of Kaos, be more like her character in the show), whoever replaces Golden Queen at the villain pecking order(Dreamcatcher most likely), Vathek, Nefarion from the books, there's plenty.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
I´ll love to see a New villain like my character Nyx who is a merceless character and he´ll do whatever it takes to destroy the Skylanders and build his own team and be THE Portal master. But the Merceless part is too much for Skylanders and everyone is against adding dark or "mature" themes into the franchise.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
If I had to create a new character, it would probably someone ham-packed like Kaos but with more of a two faced personality that would catch characters off guard. Maybe a conqueror that acts all nice and methodical and looks like they'd accept a worthy oppnent, but it turns out they just keep the façade until they're losing - then all bets are off and cheating, backstabbing and minion sacrifice are all very encouraged.
I feel like a lot of times we have fun and interesting villains that just get sidelined in favor of Kaos.

Giants-We get info on the Arkeyans, a robotic race that managed to enslave all of Skylanders thousands of years ago and made huge advancements in magic and technology. We get one level featuring a Conquertron, which then makes its way into Kaos' possession, so the plot is less about Arkeyans and more about Kaos.

SWAP Force-Kaos' Mother is introduced, another Portal Master that works for evil. (Though this does conflict with her original backstory) She has some connections amongst other villains, a more strategic mindset, and tends to use her Portal Master powers more than just minions. Of course, she gets sealed away in a mirror for all eternity, and then we have to go and fight Kaos' toenails for the final boss battle.

Trap Team-Hoo, boy, I love the villains here. To recap, with just the main storyline Doom Raiders, we have:
-A famous chef who discovered ways to make explosives out of food, and then proceeded to use his zeppelin to hold entire towns ransom.
-A sea slug who can constantly grow in size, with a trident that does the same.
-A being who escaped a prison in a dream realm, then from the dream realm itself, and who can enter people's minds to obtain any information and create literal nightmares.
-A wizard obsessed with Chompies, a species that can adapt to pretty much any environment, who can see through the eyes of any Chompy.
-A werewolf who discovered how to inflict pain through soundwaves.
-A golden statue obsessed with gold, with the power to transform other beings into gold and even absorb gold to make herself more powerful. She hand-picked the Doom Raiders herself.
-A man who manages to be a cross between Dr. Frankenstein and Willy Wonka-with mechanical spider legs.

And, with a group of villains instead of just one, we get to see how their personalities interact a little more, even if it wasn't that much. (Since they appear the most in the game, Wolfgang, Dr. Krankcase, and Golden Queen benefit the most from this, which I think played a part in them getting to be senseis)

But sadly, we barely get any backstory to these guys in-game, and Kaos steals the show for the final boss, again. Due to the nature of Trap Team, all of these villains are locked away forever,(excluding senseis)-except Kaos, who immediately escapes for next game.

Superchargers-We get the Darkness, a being that we previously thought was just a substance, and a pretty interesting villain IMO. Locked away for eternity by the end of the game, and even though Kaos lost his powers because of it, he still somehow manages to obtain Mind Magic in Imaginators.

I do enjoy Kaos as a character quite a lot, but I feel like his role should have changed from primary villain to affably evil companion much sooner than he did.
Kaos can be very much be a threat(Giants showed he's not above backstabbing for funsies), but the issue is overexposure, and by Imaginators it just feels like they didn't know what to do with him. If we got Kaos, other villain, then Kaos, then another break, he'd be more enjoyable because there'd be time to refresh his jokes and plans in the writing.
(03-23-2017, 04:23 PM)Graupel Wrote: Kaos can be very much be a threat(Giants showed he's not above backstabbing for funsies), but the issue is overexposure, and by Imaginators it just feels like they didn't know what to do with him. If we got Kaos, other villain, then Kaos, then another break, he'd be more enjoyable because there'd be time to refresh his jokes and plans in the writing.

When did Kaos backstab in Giants? I know he is capable of it but when in Giants cause i dont remember.
He lets you open the Secret Vault of Secrets despite his Conquertron being fully capable of it, and then tries to bury the Skylander alive. It's pretty much a character estabilishing moment, because you hear all these stories about how Kaos isn't to be underestimated in the books and SSA, but until then he never really does anything that's not in retaliation. The ending of that level is simply because he felt like it, and he almost killed Machine Ghost.

SuperChargers also gives him some good character with how he'd rather not have an apocalypse, but because he's inside the Sky Eater the entire time, stuff like razing Know-it-All Island and almost offing Glumshanks isn't something he's aware of.
(03-23-2017, 05:05 PM)Graupel Wrote: He lets you open the Secret Vault of Secrets despite his Conquertron being fully capable of it, and then tries to bury the Skylander alive. It's pretty much a character estabilishing moment, because you hear all these stories about how Kaos isn't to be underestimated in the books and SSA, but until then he never really does anything that's not in retaliation. The ending of that level is simply because he felt like it, and he almost killed Machine Ghost.

SuperChargers also gives him some good character with how he'd rather not have an apocalypse, but because he's inside the Sky Eater the entire time, stuff like razing Know-it-All Island and almost offing Glumshanks isn't something he's aware of.
I understand what you mean but that is not really backstabbing since he wasn't helping the Skylander and pretending to be good THEN betray them with his trap. Backstabbing means to betray someone who trusts you or can tolerate you enough to be able to be able to work with you(which the latter is common in a hero and villain team up LOL) That was just simply him waiting for the Skylanders to reach there so he can spring his trap. But i get what you're trying to say. Smile
It's still stabbing from the back : P couldn't think of a proper term for using underhanded tactics, english isn't my first language. I guess it's more cheating, or attacking in cold blood.