Favorite NPC?
What is your favorite NPC and why?
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
Pomfry Lefuzzbottom! The poor little guy is an acclaimed author, of many incredibke discoveries, and he winds up spending his retirement as some weirdos collection. But his accomplishments are incredible!
I have too damn many to count!
Probably Tessa is my absolute favourite... probably.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
Glumshanks because he's precious and has neat character development.
Squee?
Glumshanks is indeed amazing I change my answer haha
I have a few but my top faves are Cali mags and Tessa Cali she's cool her challenges are well challenging ie her heroic challenges. Mags and Tessa they seem similar in way be cause of there enthusiastic can do attitude is on reason I like them
Roll with the punches
My favorite would also have to be Glumshanks, he is just such a wonderful character that I love seeing. Superchargers is pretty much what made me really enjoy his character! (It does bother me that in Imaginators he had to share Kaos' punishment at the end Sad )
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
IKR, I feel so sad about that? Like, legit, he barely helped out Kaos this time and he rescued the Academy and proved himself a good ally, why suddenly lock him up again? Frustration commences.
Squee?
Because apparently Toys for Bob thinks e erupt hi guys that Vicarious Visions did was completely and utterly pointless and therefore needed to be retconned!

But seriously, it's because there was a lack of communication between the two studios. And you know something, it shows... badly with Imaginators.
Signing out!

Yes it does. They basically retconned the entire character development with Glum and even Kaos. We also never even get an explanation of how Kaos got his powers back. These two really need to work on their communication, or, if that isn't the case, TFB has to stop returning to the status quo for their games. Skylanders can progress beyond the by now cliché "fight Kaos" plotline. And, after SuperChargers, it looked like we were going into a different direction. But nope, all of that is retconned to go back to the status quo in Imaginators (one of the few reasons why it's my least favourite Skylanders game. After SuperChargers, which was great, we get this disappointment.)
Squee?
You think you were disappointed?
I'm rarely ever disappointed with video games, and yet Imaginators marks itself as the most disappointing game I have ever played. It doesn't do anything wrong with the series gameplay... they just blew everything else that SHOULDN'T matter, but it did!

And while we're on the subject, were those Skylander NPC's badly done or is that just me?
Signing out!

Some were not too bad but others *cough Eruptor *cough were for some reason completely changed in terms of personality. On the personality part again the personalitys of the Skylanders npcs in Imaginators just didn't feel right to me.
(04-19-2017, 05:01 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: You think you were disappointed?
I'm rarely ever disappointed with video games, and yet Imaginators marks itself as the most disappointing game I have ever played. It doesn't do anything wrong with the series gameplay... they just blew everything else that SHOULDN'T matter, but it did!

And while we're on the subject, were those Skylander NPC's badly done or is that just me?

So I'm not the only one that feels that way towards Imaginators. Don't get me wrong, I love the Skylanders series, and, as you mentioned, gameplay-wise it was fine (though the Kaos Doomlander boss battles felt so repetative ugh), it is probably the biggest letdown to me on really...any medium. I just was so pissed off when I finished (and during) the gameplay. 
SuperChargers is my favourite entry in the series for having a very cool story (Kaos already having won and the Darkness being back, thus making the need for saving Skylands much greater) and actual character development for my favourite characters, Kaos and Glum. (And I really enjoyed the levels and soundtrack too. Cloudbreather's Crag rocks.)
And to see everything that I love so much in that previous game (I might sound very passionate about Skylanders, but I'm autistic and it's my special interest, what can you do) just taken and being completely retconned here is just...so, so much of a letdown. 
And I was so looking forward to seeing the direction they could take after SuperChargers. They had so many great opportunities to have this character development and interesting story continue in the next game. 

Ding dong.
Get the door.
It's the status quo.

But yeah the NPC's also feel very...uncharming to me. The main reason why I love Skylanders so much besides the worldbuilding is the characters. Not the Skylanders themselves are particularly interesting (I know they tried to fix it in Imaginators, but they kinda failed in my opinion), but I love the NPCs. I love Hugo's ovinophobic seriousness. Flynn's huge ego. Cali's exposition-shouting determination. Tessa's enthusiasm. Mags' ability to craft amazing things. Buzz's leading and ninja skills. Glum's uncertainness. They are all charming and fun NPC's because they have well-established personalities, quircks and flaws. 
The Skylanders just felt...kinda dumb to be honest. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that they contradicted the Skylander's backstories for this.
Spyro is kind of an airhead who puns a lot...but that's kind of where his personality ends. Stealth Elf doesn't even have a personality, she's literally just the focused action girl trope rehashed for the 10000th time. Eruptor somehow is a nervous guy who is afraid of everything? Without reason? Jet Vac is just...Jet Vac. Not very interesting, flat, and apparently his special interest is his lunch. Pop is just the stereotype crazy scientist without any real quircks. They just all feel...poorly executed.
Squee?
I actually disagree with a lot of this.....I know, surprising, and I don't disagree 100%, In fact I just think what was missing to the Skylander NPCs is contrast. I believe it would have been far more interesting if we still had Flynn, and Cali, and Tessa, along with the respective Skylander NPC much like in Thumpin Wumpa Islands. Having Mag, and Spyro was really cool and I think they did well together.

As far as Glumshanks I feel as though his loyalty to Kaos, and possibly Kaossandra as I believe that her importance might carry over from the show, is what makes Glumshanks 100% punnishable. He is Kaos' most reliable minion, and if Kaos is in no apparent danger he would have ZERO issue persuing evil. Glumshanks is NOT a good guy! The reason he tolerates Kaos while still being soo skilled is because of his loyalty to evil, either because he feels balance is important, or he himself is inherently bad. His actions are of a completely self/Kaos preserving nature, and that is all there is to it.
(04-19-2017, 10:52 AM)Gryfinthegreat Wrote: I actually disagree with a lot of this.....I know, surprising, and I don't disagree 100%, In fact I just think what was missing to the Skylander NPCs is contrast. I believe it would have been far more  interesting if we still had Flynn, and Cali, and Tessa, along with the respective Skylander NPC much like in Thumpin Wumpa Islands. Having Mag, and Spyro was really cool and I think they did well together.

As far as Glumshanks I feel as though his loyalty to Kaos, and possibly Kaossandra as I believe that her importance might carry over from the show, is what makes Glumshanks 100% punnishable. He is Kaos' most reliable minion, and if Kaos is in no apparent danger he would have ZERO issue persuing evil. Glumshanks is NOT a good guy! The reason he tolerates Kaos while still being soo skilled is because of his loyalty to evil, either because he feels balance is important, or he himself is inherently bad. His actions are of a completely self/Kaos preserving nature, and that is all there is to it.

I still think that retconning all of his character development was, bad, which is my main gripe. They can punish him for all that I care (but not to the same degree as Kaos, honestly, he's the one causing all the trouble. Glum is merely coming along for the trip), but I honestly feel like there should've been a scene (continuity being kept in mind) in Imaginators where they just had a talk with why Glum and Kaos turned against the team. Because now we have no reason to know why they did what they did. Okay, I take that back, partially, Kaos we pretty much know (except that we still don't know where he got his powers from), but Glum's motivation is still left unclear. With a simple talking it out I think it could've been solved. But nope, he gets instantly put in a jar with his abusive boss. I don't condone putting morally grey people in jars with abusive bosses. Or with abusive people, period. #stoptrollbutlerabuse2k17
Squee?
(04-19-2017, 10:31 AM)Skylacine Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 05:01 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: You think you were disappointed?

So I'm not the only one that feels that way towards Imaginators. Don't get me wrong, I love the Skylanders series, and, as you mentioned, gameplay-wise it was fine (though the Kaos Doomlander boss battles felt so repetative ugh), it is probably the biggest letdown to me on really...any medium. I just was so pissed off when I finished (and during) the gameplay. 
SuperChargers is my favourite entry in the series for having a very cool story (Kaos already having won and the Darkness being back, thus making the need for saving Skylands much greater) and actual character development for my favourite characters, Kaos and Glum. (And I really enjoyed the levels and soundtrack too. Cloudbreather's Crag rocks.)
And to see everything that I love so much in that previous game (I might sound very passionate about Skylanders, but I'm autistic and it's my special interest, what can you do) just taken and being completely retconned here is just...so, so much of a letdown. 
And I was so looking forward to seeing the direction they could take after SuperChargers. They had so many great opportunities to have this character development and interesting story continue in the next game. 

Ding dong.
Get the door.
It's the status quo.

But yeah the NPC's also feel very...uncharming to me. The main reason why I love Skylanders so much besides the worldbuilding is the characters. Not the Skylanders themselves are particularly interesting (I know they tried to fix it in Imaginators, but they kinda failed in my opinion), but I love the NPCs. I love Hugo's ovinophobic seriousness. Flynn's huge ego. Cali's exposition-shouting determination. Tessa's enthusiasm. Mags' ability to craft amazing things. Buzz's leading and ninja skills. Glum's uncertainness. They are all charming and fun NPC's because they have well-established personalities, quircks and flaws. 
The Skylanders just felt...kinda dumb to be honest. And I'm not even mentioning the fact that they contradicted the Skylander's backstories for this.
Spyro is kind of an airhead who puns a lot...but that's kind of where his personality ends. Stealth Elf doesn't even have a personality, she's literally just the focused action girl trope rehashed for the 10000th time. Eruptor somehow is a nervous guy who is afraid of everything? Without reason? Jet Vac is just...Jet Vac. Not very interesting, flat, and apparently his special interest is his lunch. Pop is just the stereotype crazy scientist without any real quircks. They just all feel...poorly executed.

I might as well copy-paste everything you said Skylacine because I'm almost identical.

I will agree with Grythinthegreat in that the regular NPC's should have been a part of the overall story a lot more... or maybe they could have doubled up on the number of Skylander NPC's in a level and have them make remarks that bounce off of one another.
A feature that was really fun in SuperChargers... again, that status quo you keep mentioning, Sky.

Oh, one other thing, Grythin... Thumpin' Wumpa Islands was the ONLY good level in the game to me. Gee, I wonder why that was?
Oh yeah, it was done by a company that isn't afraid to do something a bit different!!
(That's also a commentary on the stupid nitpicking going on surrounding the N. Sane Trilogy.)
Signing out!