Skylanders Academy General Discussion Topic
(07-21-2016, 04:25 PM)Graupel Wrote: It doesn't seem like it's the full pilot, it looks a bit more like a retrospective trailer. Before the Academy stuff, they show one of the Trap Team trailers, the Macy's Children's Day Parade Eruptor and some lettering I can't distinguish(really tempting to edit the video and mirror it so it's readable but it's too small and hard to see anyway).

You're right, it's a trailer, but most of the shots I've seen on that video are from the pilote episode. (They the sequence corresponding to the bunch of pictures taht were released a month ago).

(07-21-2016, 04:44 PM)CrystalBlazier Wrote: Oh! If you are indeed part of the team that worked on the series, welcome to the fan forum of Skylands Academy. Smile

Thanks Wink
(07-21-2016, 04:04 PM)Oirazel Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 04:00 PM)Graupel Wrote: Well, how do you know? Did you get to see the pilot episode somewhere?

I worked on the series. There's not much we have the right to say, though. Every single person who worked on the show signed a NDA.

Wait, we have someone who worked on the cartoon here on the Skylands Academy forum?!
*voice goes high pitched*
This is brilliant! We're only a few degrees from Activision this way!

Still doesn't help me with my problem regarding the show.
Do I even have to say it?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
(07-21-2016, 07:44 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Still doesn't help me with my problem regarding the show.
Do I even have to say it?

No, please don't. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I know right now all of us are exited to have someone who works on the show on the forum, but we shoulden't bug him with questions.

Still looking forward for the show.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ I make silly AUs for a living.
It is really hard to resist asking about the other stuff I saw on the trailer(especially since one of the blurry things looked like my favorite character), but I will be respectful and wait : P

But hopefully we'll see at least this preview somewhere. We keep getting told we're getting a trailer soon but this soon is 3 months long already.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
A blurry screenshot taken at Sweet Suite 2016 reveals Wind-Up is in the show.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
Yeah, that was mentioned last page but image wasn't posted.

WIP clips posted!

EDIT:
Bumping topic with new details.

Eric Rogers answered more fan questions on his Twitter.

The Skylanders somewhat keep their original backstories, but Eric and the other writers "embellish when necessary", as in making the backstories more interesting or adding more details to them: https://twitter.com/EricRogersLA/status/...9959078912

Some of the Skylanders are cadets, some are not: https://twitter.com/EricRogersLA/status/...5620290561

When asked if there are any Giants, Swap Force, Trap Team, SuperChargers, or Sensei Skylanders in Skylanders Academy, Eric said "yes": https://twitter.com/EricRogersLA/status/...6781422594
So ok after the WIP thing. When can we expect a Trailer for the show? Really this show tries to not see the light of day.
Given what we have seen from the screenshots, I would guess that Spyro, Stealth Elf and Eruptor would be the cadets while Jet-Vac and Pop Fizz won't.
And if they're making the backstories more interesting, I look forward to seeing what they do with Stealth Elf. They could even make it seem somewhat depressing. I like Stealth Elf's backstory, and I'd like to see it developed a bit more.
Signing out!
Trailer coming out soon.

*Happy Screeching*
My guess is that they will release the trailer before the end of the month to build up hype for academy and imaginators.
(09-15-2016, 11:22 AM)Banditguy Wrote: My guess is that they will release the trailer before the end of the month to build up hype for academy and imaginators.

They better. I have waited so long for this. I have hopes that the show will be here at the end of the month, but that probably won't happen
Has there been any mentions on who Kaosaundra is. Is that Kaos' sister?
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
No, no word on who Kaossandra is.
I heard she is actually voiced by the mom from home alone but I heard that from Mike Na Charge with a list of characters and voice actors in a picture. My best guess on her is either Kaos' cousin or sister. This other one is completely random but maybe Kaos could have made a cloning machine BUT his clone ended up being female instead of male....... just a thought. I wonder how they'll explain her.
I legitimately screamed the second I saw Kaossandra on the IMDB list. My mind exploded from all the possibilities, I really hope she is related to Kaos or else the name is kinda pointless.
Can't wait to see the trailer. Hopefully they don't take it down; I'm dying to see some footage!
Signing out!
(09-15-2016, 08:34 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Can't wait to see the trailer. Hopefully they don't take it down; I'm dying to see some footage!

If it gets put on Youtube I'm going to download it just in case. Not missing it like I did with the WIP clips
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Skylanders Academy along with the rest of the Netflix October lineup, which is usually around the end of the month, a week or two before.
It would make sense, but I can't wait any longer. I swear if I have to go another week without a trailer I'm going to go insane.
October 28th is the premiere date for the show!

[Image: a8371b06f7e163ed8641d9217ade8634.jpg]

Site updated!

[Image: SAlogo.png]

This Logo Looks Different from the Eric Rogers Twitter Page which it was purple. I see what they did here.
Will they eventually add the light and dark element symbols to the logo? I'm not saying they have to.

Also are selfies a thing in skylands now? Is it becoming a trend?
I don´t know that picture of the cast of Skylanders Academy like that could be a good Meme XD
Our Show page has been updated too! Big Grin
Is it wrong for me to say that I am "excited" by Stealth Elf in that picture?
Oh wait, of course it is! Wink
New to Netflix like 3 second clip thing: https://youtu.be/eORCaDh1UCI?t=1m13s
Here's a loop of it too: http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=eORCaDh1UCI&p=n#/73;77

And now I made a GIF
http://gph.is/2coGszs

(I have no idea how to insert a Gif to this site)
I have to admit it's not the best animation in the world but it's at least pretty descent. It does look pretty colorful and well textured.
Website update!

https://www.skylanders.com/academy

[Image: castle-bg-flattened.jpg]

[Image: academy-slide01.jpg]

[Image: academy-slide02.jpg]

[Image: academy-slide03.jpg]

[Image: heroes-bg.png]

[Image: enemies-bg.jpg]