Skylanders Academy General Discussion Topic
Most of us know what "dark" elements you're talking about, Kairi. They won't go that route. We talked over this before.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Being overly protective about it isn't good. Just because it's for kids doesn't mean it will be sunshine and rainbows also why not show a little more violence in the show, there's nothing wrong with going into a darker direction or showing death.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Everyone is Here!
Well if there is one Skylander related thing that can be dark is the plot of Skylanders Superchargers. Although they just played it safe with the plot of a giant machine destroying skylands and show a almost death scene of one character (although it’s not the case since they done it with no reason or progression of the story), it still feels like the series could be fitted onto the teen side if they decided to go into dark territory. I’m not saying this series and the franchise go into “Berserk Manga” territory when introducing themes that are too unsettling for anyone who knows the series as a good kids game. Same thing goes to this Netflix series.

I have to admit it. Introducing death and the concept of evil is interesting for this franchise to go since their target audience began to grow older from age 6-7 to their teens. That’s the reason why Skylanders Academy is considered a family show for preteens and not always a kids show. I mean Eric Rogers did freakin’ Brickleberry. I think we’ll live if the series will have the same theme as before but have a cohesive story to keep fans and teens interested in the show.
"Check out Skylanders Traplocke! A new way to play Trap Team."
It's in the Trap Team forums. Duh.
Which Superchargers fails in that latter. Which not showing destruction of Skylands or about to be destroyed, kinda how TLoS did with it's world It did show how slowly was getting destroyed however Episode 10 of Season 1 actually did this but everyone overlooks it because of "it's message". But on Topic I just feel this show will never go far, just because "I want to play it safe" or "it's for kids we can't do this!" Not all kids shows must be super happy.

But if you think that way... forget it already.
(02-05-2018, 03:22 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: Being overly protective about it isn't good. Just because it's for kids doesn't mean it will be sunshine and rainbows also why not show a little more violence in the show, there's nothing wrong with going into a darker direction or showing death.

I think it's a bit early series-number-wise to kill-off a character, or even have an unimportant side-character die. I'd wait until Season 5 before thinking about it at the very least...

And when you say 'more violence,' you obviously don't mean "blood, guts & gore," because of two reasons:
  1. It definitely isn't for 'all ages.' And...
  2. It ESPECIALLY doesn't fit the series. Like, at all.
I assume you just mean "add in some more hit-'n'-slap action and characters becoming a bit more aggressive at one another," right? Right?
I'm not right, aren't I?

Anyway... Dash pretty much summed up everything in a nutshell. The series can - ever so slightly - shift it's focus from kids to teens as time goes by... I mean, the fans aren't all going to be kids forever. NaughtyDog seemed to under stand that.

P.S. You do make a fair point about it not having to be all happy-go-lucky because kids can watch it. Don't a lot of anime and pseudo-anime have slightly darker tones despite being effectively kids cartoons?

Oh, one more thing...
CrystalBlazier Wrote:Most of us know what "dark" elements you're talking about, Kairi. They won't go that route. We talked over this before.

Stranger things have happened, Crystal.
Just take a look at Conker's Bad Fur Day during early development and where it ended up.
It's ever a good idea to discard a thought - you never know when it might come in handy.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

MS tried to turn Conker cutesy and innocent again though. That died with Project Spark and the Kinect, but "misleading" characters is genuinely a thing that higher ups in companies abhor.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
Whatever I just would like a little bit of "darkness" in it.

Season 2 really lead so much to wish for. Not too mention going even more cheaper, and lack of new VA's for other characters and no epic music the cues again arn't very memorable.

The Show not only need to be laughs and references. By the way i'm no way hating on the show but I feel there's aspects it should improve on.
so spyro will turn good again or not?
Wait until Season 3.
(02-06-2018, 06:10 AM)rafinovich Wrote: so spyro will turn good again or not?

I made a thread discussing the possibilities regarding it.
It's... not very clear. Then again, I didn't have much to work off of, so I was practically clutching at straws for every scrap of information I could find... and then the straws themselves.

Hey, I ain't MattPat with Five Nights at Freddy's.
Will you keep posting everything you say to two forums at once at the same threads? In fact, something you already posted a month or so before?
You should know, Steven, that if you keep spamming like this you're just going to get in serious trouble.
ok i understand
So when does everyone think we'll start seeing more info for season 3? We got that partial script leak for what is assumed to be S3E1 back in April of last year.
I have a funny feeling that this time around, we're getting nothing of the sort.
With the kind of cliff-hanger we got, Eric'll probably want nothing more to be revealed until the time is right.
Signing out!

I hope they don't take too long.
I'm expecting season 3 to balance the story out of it's humour. I know it's not going to happen because of it's fears of kids not paying attention to it but if they focus on Malefor, Dark Spyro and Kaos' Dad then that might be a great time to focus it on. No unexpected appearance of the Gimmicklanders (unless it's already introduced like Ninjini, Snap Shot, King Pen and Kaboom) and just focus on the main characters getting through their darkest hour. Imo, Season 2 might be the season I never find one episode that I've find it awful. (Season 1 have Bearded Science and the only Season 2 episode that did poorly is the Detective Eruptor one.) so I've expecting more out of season 3 as the story driven season.
They kind of forced their hand with the cliffhanger... unless they do it all inside one episode - even if it is a double-length, like the pilot.
Signing out!

(02-13-2018, 07:18 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: They kind of forced their hand with the cliffhanger... unless they do it all inside one episode - even if it is a double-length, like the pilot.

But the one thing that Season 2 did while Season 1 didn't is a good build up to the story of Spyro's past that leads to Season 3 where it's all about Spyro's previous dragon family. Season 1 did tell us that Spyro hatched from a egg at the first episode (with a diaper non the less) and he never mind how he came from until he got older and more curious about the things that Master Eon hiding it away because of Spyro's potential reaction. Season 2 has a lot of drama that could lead to a dramatic season.
Small update on Season 3:

https://twitter.com/ericrogersla/status/...3798446081
Skylanders Academy became an official BANFF World Media Festival Rockie Award nominee for Best Animated Series for Children & Youth.

https://twitter.com/Skylanders/status/98...2576848896
That's good
the skylanders academy season 3 will be will be final season?
No word on the condition of Academy yet.
you thank you for the info and i will wait with patience
http://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.blogspo...own-3.html

Animation work for Skylanders Academy is still listed as "ongoing".
Season 3 is taking forever to update. I don't expect Comic Con, but ugh... I'm still salty over the cancellation of the comics.
The guy doesn't seem to know for sure about some productions, I'd take it with a grain of salt.
Seems hard to believe mentions things that probably arn't in production, like those DreamWorks sequels.
The guy is legit and has connections. He used to work for Disney. He's aware that schedules change or things might be outdated, but he's been right about many things. I'd say trusting him on 80% of what he says is a safe bet.