Battlecast Assets, Ressources, Coverage
Hi all, I wanted to create this thread to share my plans for getting some assets and coverage of Battlecast before it shuts down. I will create a small website to gather the images in one clean place soon. Anyone else who plans to do coverage feel free to share here.

My priority will be:
  • Videos showing gameplay of each 24 Skylanders. Not full matches with the characters but edited clips showing all their respective spells and abilities.
  • Short gameplay videos showing all Epic and Ultimate cards animation and effects in action.
  • .png images of all 270 cards in their regular form (non-foil). To do that, I open packs and take screenshots on the screen revealing the cards. On that screen, they almost always appear in their regular form without a level indicator when you have their silver or gold form in your collection, then I do a bit of editing to remove the background and have transparency instead of white or colored edges. I should be able to capture all cards unless I'm really unlucky and some cards decide to never show up.
  • .png images of all 306 cards in their golden foil form. Right now all my cards in my collection are foil, about 40% gold and 60% silver thanks to the free packs. Getting enough gold to level up all cards to gold status is somewhat long but definitely doable.
Not guaranteed or unlikely:
  • Short gameplay videos showing all Common and Rare cards animation and effects in action. They are not particularly interesting to watch compared to Epic and Ultimate cards, covering all 300 cards is just too much.
  • .png images of the 30 non-physical cards and the 6 general mills cards in their regular form. They all have golden status in my collection right now and they never come out in packs. I think the only way for me to get the pictures would be to delete my save file.
  • .png images of all 306 cards cards in silver foil form. Considering 40% of my cards currently have gold status, there is no way for me to get images of their silver form right now. I will take screenshots of the cards that are silver before turning them gold, but for the cards that are already gold, I would need to delete the save file and re-acquire them.
  • Animated .gif of all silver and/or gold foil cards. I've experimented and the whole process is quite tedious. Doing that for all 300 silver and 300 gold cards is too much work. I will get footage of all gold foil cards animations in the collection screen at one point before the end though, so we will still be able to see the fancy effects in video format at least, and I could still do some .gif after the shutdown.
  • .png images of enemy-specific cards, we'll see if I have time for those, but not a priority for me.
  • Story/PvP matches videos. My channel is more about giving information and ressources rather then uncut gameplay, it's not gonna be my focus.

[Image: spyro.png]
Skylanders Youtube Channels: Legends of Skylands | Skylanders Music Channel
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Battlecast Cards List with .png images: BattlecastCards.com
Aw DANG IT!
Now I wish I had a video-recording device to help.

I run (soon to be 'used to run') Elemental Decks, so I often make use of character cards and what they do. The only characters I DON'T have are Eruptor and Tree Rex.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

Oooo~! This will be interesting Big Grin
Can't wait to see the coverage.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I forgot to mention, I'm using Apowersoft Phone Manager to record the gameplay. It works with Windows and it's easier to setup then I expected!
Complete list of creation parts for Skylanders Imaginators: ImaginatorsParts.com
Oh? I may want to try that out sooner or later!
The main pages of the website are done and I have .png images of all the 270 cards you can find in packs! Wink

http://battlecastcards.bitballoon.com/

I will create individual pages for each card later, that's where people will see the cards in full size and in their other foil versions with links to gameplay videos and other stuff. I'm working on getting images for the other cards like the Skylanders abilities and the non-physical non-elemental cards.

I have all cards maxed to golden form:

First gameplay video:

I need help to get screen captures of cards in the collection menu I can't get anymore, here's a list of what I need:

Regular form:
  • Characters: Prism Break, Sonic Boom, Obsidian Hot Head, High Noon Trigger Happy
  • Air: Full Scream Ahead
  • Earth: The Beam is Supreme
Silver foil:
  • Characters: Eruptor, Flashwing, Jawbreaker, Jet-Vac, Rip Tide, Spyro, Stormblade, Whirlwind, Prism Break, Sonic Boom, High Noon Trigger Happy
  • Air: Twisted Crystals, Whiplash Bash, Windfall, Azurite Weathervane, Strafing Run, Lightning Strike, Heart of the Rainbow
  • Life: Juice Box, Muscle Sprouts, Tree Party, Grape Shot, Heart of the Forest, Scorncrow, Tap and Sap, Ten Gallon Hat, Leafy Greens, Collective Strength, All You Can Eat, Feast of Fury, Nature's Fury
  • Undead: Boo!, Forgotten Headstone, Mine Blown, Weaken, Bat Attack, Disco Brawl, Masker Mind's Prison, Swarm Welcome, Blades of Gory, Titan's Hilt, Vampiric Vial, Impending Doom
  • Earth: Quicksand, Prophetic Pick, Stone Stare, Excavate, Fault Assault, Take It For Granite, Rip Chain, Unstoppa-Boulder, Drop the Hammer, Landslide, The Motherlode, My Father's Hammer, Reflective Ray
  • Fire: Mad Energy, Flame Wave, Mood Ring, Noxious Firebrand, Slow Burn, Brimstone, Burning Rubber, Melt Down, Pyroclastic Blast, Temperature Tantrum
  • Water: Jellyfish Squall, Can of Kelp, Flash Flood, Hook Shot, Splish Splash, Paralyzing Ink, Shark Attack, Mermasquid Buckler, Ride the Wave, Tidal Wave
  • Magic: Abra-Kaboom, Mind Reader, Loco-Potion, Warp Hat, Dragon Dive, Fizz! Bang!, Rerun, Buurrrp!, Magic Mayhem, Soda Fountain, Abraca-stab-ra, Nether Warp
  • Tech: Rummage, About to Blow, Virtual Ram, Bowl of Boom, Sabotage, Call to Arms, Do You Feel Lucky?, Galvanic Armor, Power Pummel, Warly Birds, The Double-izer
  • Non-Elemental: Intimidate, Bait, Break, Entangle, Goodie Bag, Hearty Meal, Jab, Rawhide Buckler, Smash, Sudden Swarm, Training Sword, Arkeyan Ice Chest, First Aid, Medivac, Portal Rupture, Power Surge, Scry, Shush, Sky Iron Shield, Exer-Size, Hit The Books, Mining 101, Shaman's Salve, Shiny Helmet, Stumble, Charge, Potion of Power, Wallop, Dusty Megaphone, Snack Attack, The Tempest, Restoring Ray, Stomp, Eon's Judgement
Nice mate! Smile

But if you can, could you possibly record your footage whilst using Skylanders all of the same element?
I just think it would look neater that way.
Thanks, but I prefer showing variety in the teams. It also allows me to record other stuff during a single match. What I mean is let's say only 1 Fire spell is left to cover. If I have a team of 3 Fire characters, I'm stuck with only cards I've already covered while waiting for the one last card to show up.
Gameplay coverage is going well, I'm about 40% done.

I added individual pages for the characters on the website, you can access them from the Characters section: http://battlecastcards.bitballoon.com/chara
Related cards at the bottom will link to other pages when they are up.

I have .png images of all gold foil cards here: http://imgur.com/a/RltFt

I really need someone to take screenshots of the following cards in their regular forms:
  • Characters: Prism Break, Sonic Boom, Obsidian Hot Head, High Noon Trigger Happy
  • Air: Full Scream Ahead
  • Earth: The Beam is Supreme
Battlecast Soundtrack/OST

Gameplay videos for all playable Skylanders and all Epic and Ultimate cards are done.

I added individual pages for all Air, Earth and Fire cards on the website, I will continue updating other elements throughout the rest of the month.

I have images of nearly all enemy characters and spells, I will add a page dedicated to them on my website later.

Since we still have 3 weeks to go before the shutdown, I have time to also do videos that show Bosses and their spells in action.

During the last week of August, I will delete my save file and try to get pictures of as many Silver Foil cards as possible.

Other videos I made recently:

Nice work, man! It's so nice to see that we have so much saved from this game, it was a really sad time to see so much from Skylanders Universe disappear with Photobucket's usual issues and the lack of video footage.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
Thanks. Yeah I never got to play it sadly, it seemed like a nice little game.
I played it from day one(only thing we had before SSA came out after all), but had to leave sometime after Giants because I was one of the first to be affected by the constant server issues. It makes a lot of sense why they closed it, thing was nigh unplayable after SWAT and Ground Defense were addded(unless you survived solely on other games that gave you less cash), but hunting for character code giveaways and then messing around with the decorations on a browser was a lot of fun. The first 32 characters also had their original voices(Giants only yelled), and it was pretty funny seeing the same VAs speaking gibberish.

Back to Battlecast, as long as Youtube doesn't do a purge or something, we at least have every story mission, a lot of PVP and pictures of every card, even from enemies. Wonder how someone will look at these in a few years having never experienced this game...
I hope that the footage will be used by any company interested in creating a new cards game in the future.
I used to have Battlecast, I tried to poked them but they never said anything or I was doing something wrong...
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Everyone is Here!
(08-09-2017, 05:34 PM)Legends of Skylands Wrote: I hope that the footage will be used by any company interested in creating a new cards game in the future.

Well, you're in luck, mate.
I'm saving the footage myself for future use/reference.

This game had potential to go stratosphere... and it was shot down in its prime.

By the way, who's uploading unwatermarked renders of the unused cards to the Wiki?
And where did they get them from?
Signing out!

Oh, I removed the watermarks from the cards via photoshop. Since the site-owner/admin who owned the watermark feels the need to put his sitename on them even though he doesn't own anything officially Skylanders related besides copies of the games.
Oh that was YOU!
I was wondering where they were coming from.

No sign of one for Whirlwind yet?
I think she is the only one we haven't seen the artwork for yet.
Signing out!

HauntedLorene uploaded the cards while I removed the watermarks.
Whirlwind and Eruptor are gone with the sands of time. The people that had acess to the secret cards in PVP couldn't get the screenshots since they're rare :c
They're called Dragon's Secret and Chain Reaction, that's all the info the DarkSpyro players could ever get.
(08-09-2017, 06:51 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: I used to have Battlecast, I tried to poked them but they never said anything or I was doing something wrong...

Seems to be glitched in some versions of the game. I can poke and get dialogue, but no animation ever plays.
We at least have the Chain Reaction artwork.

[Image: chain_reaction_by_tamasgaspar-dam7adk.jpg]

Such a pity that Whirlwind's has become forgotten...
Given her healer playstyle, it makes me wonder what Dragon's Secret would have done... by the sounds of it, it's either a relic with some kind of healing property or it's a spell with major restoration benefits.
Signing out!

Not too sure if it's a relic, it's one per element and Slicer Beacon and Fury's Forge already fill Air and Fire. Might've been something to upgrade Dragon's Wisdom, but after that we're in the dark.
Um... did you forget about Rearview Mirror?
And how we have 2 Life relics in Deepwood Well & Ninja Scroll?

In fact, there were no character relics made for Water and Tech...
Probably because we already have the trap relics.
Signing out!

Have you guys ever seen Count Moneybone use the Quadruple Team spell? It is supposed to exist (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wxet0lsqfwqd0...leTeam.jpg) but I've never seen it after 10 matches against Moneybone, in the Undead and Kaos realms, despite the fact he uses Sap of the Ancients and Northern Lights every match. Maybe it was removed in a patch.
Kaos used Quadruple Team during lauch, then it was removed in the first few updates. Probably glitched the battle big time since Chompy Mage and Broccoli Guy behave pretty oddly with auto-revives and character replacement.
I'm so dumb, I thought it was a Moneybone spell since he is in the picture Confused Alright thanks!
Kaos is riiiight in the corner, don't worry. Wouldn't be surprised if Moneybone himself causes the glitch, since he'll attempt to spawn with the armor despite not having any character cards on the deck.
I'm pretty much done with the coverage. I made videos covering the AR scanning animations and showdown battles, which was not initially planned. The website is almost completely updated, I just need to add a section for enemy cards which I'll do soon. I'm missing pictures for several silver foil cards, which I can't get myself since I have all golden cards unlocked and I am unable to delete my save file no matter what I do. If some people feel like helping, I have a list here: http://skylandsacademy.com/showthread.php?tid=551

Section for enemy cards added: http://battlecastcards.bitballoon.com/enemies

And I made this final Battlecast video.