Skylar and Plux: Adventure on Clover Island Thread
Well, 2017 is certainly looking like a good year for platformers! Especially 3D platformers.
We already have Yookah-Laylee, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and we also have the upcoming promises of Super Mario Odyssey, A Hat In Time, and Sonic Forces. With that last one though, don't get TOO hyped for it... recent Sonic history hasn't been too friendly to the blue blur.

But earlier this year, another 3D platformer slipped under everybodies radar...
And probably for the better.

This, everybody, is Skylar and Plus: Adventure on Clover Island - a first attempt at a game by an Indie studio known as Right Nice with help from Grip Digital.

[Image: header.jpg?t=1496308064]

Even for a first game by a new studio, this is not a good 3D plat-former - which quite clearly is trying to be a simultaneous spiritual successor to Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank.
But as this "review" says... it pretty much fails.
And without listening to the guy, I can see - AND hear - everything that is wrong with this game.

I suppose you COULD use the argument that "This is just their first game," but does this make you want to try anything else they make in the future? Or play a potential sequel?
The blunt answer, I'm afraid, is "No."
There is talent from these guys, but they haven't really left a good first impression.

So what do you guys think?
And if you've played this game, do you agree with the guy in the review?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
I've seen a gamplay video on that. Looks too similar to Ratchet and Clank.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I watched a bit of it on a stream; it's not horrendous by any means, but it just lacks in ambition so much. From the moment you start it has such a weird pace and world that it's like the devs gave up before they even started. Can't go with that attitude if you're already getting too close to another game known for flowing well and being much more colorful.

Super Lucky's Tale hopefully already has at least the charm, so it's not every indie dev that's going with low expectations of themselves.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
The writing/voice acting is probably the most jarring aspect.
It's just... bad!

You don't want any quotes from this game, and you especially do NOT want to hear them with their character voices!
Signing out!

Well, you expect that from indie, but it's just so souless. A kids' game should at least have people who sound like they're having fun even if they're not that great actors, but the bird dude has liks one excited line and goes back to dead inside.
Bröther may I have some elïxïr jüice
And none of Plux's lines are even remotely tolerable.
Like the guy says in the video: he's like Daxter from Jak and Daxter... except not funny and more/just annoying.
Signing out!