No more alternate storylines? (originally 3DS)
With the 3DS and Wii U now in the past, is this the end of alternate storyline in the main Skylander games commonly seen in the 3DS versions?

The Nintendo Switch version will likely have the same story as the other console versions, like they did with Imaginators.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I never played the 3DS games, but I didn't realize their storylines diverged from the main games. When you say alternate storyline, do you mean it's just a different story or that it's like it's own separate world. I should probably go watch some more videos on them. But now that no more Skylander games will be made for it, I'd assume the alternate storylines will be a thing of the past.
Yeah the 3DS versions always had a different story.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
All 3DS games are different stories that take place around the discovery of the new Skylanders. SSA is about undoing Hektore's reign on a distant archipelago, SG is about sealing away a giant pirate which eventually would appear in Superchargers as a racer, SSF is about Moneybone and the rest is history, STT is about stopping the Nightmare Villains and their curse upon the world. They all reuse some things from the main games so there's familiarity, some more than others - STT in particular has enemies that are clearly scrapped from the console versions.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I definitely remember those versions, if you combined the 3DS versioms and the console versions, that makes it 11 Skylanders games. (3DS Superchargers version only focusd on racing only tho)