Spyro Reignited Trilogy
PC listing of Spyro Reignited Trilogy was leaked, but taken down.

In today's Activision press release, the Spyro the Dragon brand is called one of Activision's flagship products.

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
They're calling Spyro a flagship product?
That doesn't bode well for the dragon's future...
Hear me out first.

All Spyro really had as far his classic series went WAS the Reignited Trilogy. Everything after that just didn't hit the mark; nothing really came close until Skylanders came around. So the next game therefore HAS to be all new, since another remaster will just... well, exhaust fans and probably not work with all the remasters/remakes we've been getting lately. Especially in Spyro's case, since most Spyro fans remember (or rather wish they didn't) Enter the Dragonfly. I'm not saying anymore about that topic...
So here's the question I want to ask: what do you do next with the purple dragon? I can't even think of anything. And just getting a "new" version of the older stuff would just be going down the rabbit hole again, and we don't want that.
I don't think Spyro has the flagship material that Crash Bandicoot does, even though I know many people will disagree with me on that. And again, I don't trust Toys for Bob with the IP. They don't seem to have the same passion for him that Vicarious Visions and Beenox do for Crash - as is testament to Nitro-Fueled's NUMEROUS nods and Easter Eggs to just about every game in the series at this point.
Unless they return to Skylands, I don't think Spyro's future is bright... it looks bleak, if you ask me.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
Spyro needs a new revival, just saying. Toys for Bob could try that again, they did it with Skylanders before, they could try another crank to the Purple Dragon or send it to another developer who can collaborate with Acti in this.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
But that brings about a Catch-22. Spyro has been twice now (technically thrice), and BOTH times didn't go down well with the classic community...
Who just recently got what they wanted last year.
It's probably the best option, I agree with you Kai's, but it would just create the same problem all over again.

Like I said, Spyro's future looks bleak...
Signing out!

Hmm very interesting. I agree with you Roo. I feel like anything new would not please the classic fans (not to box them all into one group). I personally, think calling Spyro the Dragon a flagship brand is a little bit of an over estimate. However it may be due to the fact that Acti doesn't really have much going for it at the moment. The main reason that Reignited did so well (IMHO) was that it pandered to all the nostalgia of the classic fans, who were unsatisfied with anything Spyro the past few decades. It does place Spyro in an awkward position. Though I haven't played Reignited, I think making a new Spyro game based on that formula might be a little strange, but could be done. They would have to modernize several aspects of the game to make it stand fully on it's own without relying on fond memories. Sadly, I feel like a new Skylanders might be out of the question for a few years, but unless it's Spyro-centric it wouldn't really count anyways. Hopefully E3 has some more news (beyond just a Spyro Switch port). I'd be happy with any decent Spyro content, what ever way they take it.
Switch port rumored to be coming on a September 3rd.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/337050-ru...pt-3rd-201
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867
And they're also saying that Spyro's coming to Crash Nitro-Fueled...
Yeah... right.

I really do wish people would just give up; it's just NOT going to happen...! At least, not yet.
Can't they wait until the game is released and then he is added at a later date? I'm used to this with Gran Turismo Sport since it runs along similar lines with its content.
Signing out!

September 3rd, that "rumored release" is in my Birthday. But I don't have a Switch... I'll wait for the PC Port.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
Confirmed!

[Image: 91055847f934397b9d75fadce5aeb431.jpg]

[Image: 1010f9617ba69385ee09fefb32ecf9f3.jpg]

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
The CRASH TEAM RACING NITRO FUELED will be ever crazy epic awasome from classics crash team racings of psone and ps2
Pre-ordering this ASAP.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8h0HL...P5xnZ8uI4A
Battlecast Name: Gameguy#4867