No prequel comic on Skylanders 6
Unlike Trap Team and SuperChargers, there won't be a prequel comic on the upcominng Skylanders 6. David Rodriguez answered a fan question on the possibility of a Sky 6 prequel comic, to which he replies there is none planned.

https://twitter.com/davearodriguez/statu...9419560960
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Hmm... that is interesting. Maybe Skylanders 6 really IS something different. I.e. no Portal of Power...
Though considering that idea and that Toys for Bob are developing it makes it sound like complete gobbledygook.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

As long as Sky 6 doesn't start with missing details and stories that take place between SuperCharger comics and the game itself.
True, true...
Hang on, shouldn't we have also received headwind or word already about minor details about the game around about now? Nothing specific, but like what we got when SuperChargers starter pack was first hinted with Super Shot Stealth Elf and the vehicle? Or am I premature?
Signing out!

They're keeping details on Skylanders 6 locked tight. Leaks and all.
Hmm... they must have something EXTRA special in store then... almost like they are also doing something for Spyro's 18th anniversary.
Though that pails in comparison to a 20th anniversary, which HOPEFULLY the famous bandicoot celebrates this year!
Signing out!

i just wonder... what even is going on?

No Prequel Comic, no updates, like really what is going on.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Everyone is Here!
Whatever it is Kairi, it should be something big. And if they're simply making way for Crash Bandicoot either this year (bad timing) or next year (better timing) then that's enough to excuse no Skylander news.
Signing out!

^ Whatever it is it's making fans go nuts for news.
So I take it there is typically much more news around now? I started in Superchargers so I have never anticipated a realease before.
In February 2011-12, reveals usually started in Toy Fair. In 2013-14 for Swap Force and Trap Team, the reveals were hosted in New York around February or April.

Last year for SuperChargers, it was hosted in a private event in early June before E3.
So going by that logic, we can expect our first sneaks around August...
No, that can't be right?!
Signing out!

I believe it's going to be announced next month... i just get that feeling. Anyway, a Comic prequel would have been confusing, like with they did with SuperChargers people didren't really know what happend.
Rift Into Overdrive wasn't THAT confusing... Or at least it wasn't for me. I understood everything as I went along. The only confusion was that the appearances of Spitfire, Stormblade, Fiesta and Dive-Clops don't line up with their backstories.
And if something isn't announced either during this month, May, or next month of June we best pin our hopes on E3. And honestly, I don't have much hope for E3 this year for ANYTHING in gaming!
Signing out!

(05-05-2016, 06:13 PM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Rift Into Overdrive wasn't THAT confusing... Or at least it wasn't for me. I understood everything as I went along. The only confusion was that the appearances of Spitfire, Stormblade, Fiesta and Dive-Clops don't line up with their backstories.
And if something isn't announced either during this month, May, or next month of June we best pin our hopes on E3. And honestly, I don't have much hope for E3 this year for ANYTHING in gaming!

I meant with the people who played Skylanders: SuperChargers without reading the Comic Prequel. It's confusing for those who haven't read it.
Oh, right. I see...
That makes sense; although the comic prequel for Trap Team - the Kaos Trap - could easily have been ignored and you STILL would understand what's going on. I just hope that whatever they do for Skylanders 6, the one thing they change is reverting the SuperCharged Skylanders back to their old designs with a perfectly good reason... 'cept Roller Brawl! KEEP THAT DESIGN!! Rollerbrawl
Signing out!