Skylanders RPG Mobile Game now set to be released in Q3 2018
Recent update on Com2Us' game titles reveal that the Skylanders RPG mobile game's release date has been moved to Q3 2018 in the summer! Previously the game was set to be released in Q1 2018.

[Image: c1c24b5a62efd9937656d7e74b940d4f.png]
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Awesome! Great to finally get some news on it!
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
I really like Dragons! I think they're cool!
Finally something! That picture is pretty epic too.
That's so dang awesome! The drought of no Skylanders news is finally broken but allow me to take the time to analyse the picture. It could lead to something interesting down the line.

For starters, the logo of Skylanders has a circled TM on the right side. It's interesting because it's something we've never saw before in any media of Skylanders such as Books, Comics and the Mainline Video Games. Sure it has Trademark like most IPs but with the logo showing the extant of the symbol should mean something.

Speaking of Trademarks, the bottom line says "© 2017 Activision Publishing, Inc." and the line under is "ACTIVISION and SKYLANDERS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc" In every trademark in Skylanders Games before the title screen, they also trademarked "PORTAL OF POWER", "TRAPTANIUM PORTAL "(Trap Team only) and "LIGHTCORES". The picture does not trademarked the Portal of Power and that could mean the game will not associate the Portal. Sure, in previous mobile titles, it use codes to put figures in the game but how can you do it with Superchargers and Imaginators figures since they don't have codes to go along with it which by the way, THEY'RE ON THE COVER! If they're going to use digital Skylanders for people to purchase them in game then that's cool but eliminating the portal from a SKYLANDERS GAME (besides the switch version) could eliminate the essential of Toys to Life gimmick thus, making the toys we kept from the collection incompatible to the game. Sure they will bring some compatibility to the portal but are we going to use the bluetooth portal we got from Battlegrounds or do we have to use codes for it. Correct me if there is something I missed in this criteria. Maybe mobile games like Lost Islands and Battlegrounds might have missed them out of their Trademarks while have Portal Compatibility.

They are arrows from each corners that all points to the picture. Maybe it's the way the prototype picture looks but I'm not sure. There is also a little spotlight on the top middle of the picture. Maybe it's part of the effect that the title plays with but again it could be a prototype but it looks cool.

The characters that appeared in the picture are Spyro, Kaos, Ro-bow, Spitfire, Dive-Clops, Chef Pepperjack (good to see you again!) and Wolfgang. What's interesting about it is that there are 4 Skylanders and 3 villains, including Kaos take the cover. Maybe it could be implying that we could be facing them as enemies of the game or they could be playable characters in some shape or form. Playable characters might never happen but it's interesting to think about it and in Imaginators, there are some instances that villains became playable senseis like Golden Queen, Tae Kwon Crow, Bad Juju and Wolfgang so it could be implying that Chef Pepper Jack might make a return as a Playable Character in the rumored seventh installment which means... SERIES 2 SUNBURN COMFIRMED!!! but then again, I might be getting away with this. All I'm saying that the picture implied that Chef Pepper Jack has return in his game counterpart.

That's all I got. I sorry that I've made it complicated but I hope you can draw your own conclusion in each criteria and tell me what's your analysis to all this.
"Check out Skylanders Traplocke! A new way to play Trap Team."
It's in the Trap Team forums. Duh.
I'm wondering how they'll handle the Skylander collection in the app game.
They probably won't.
There are no collection codes for any Skylanders added to SuperChargers and Imaginators, so it's more likely to be similar to Battlecast: preset and limited roster to work with.
Which is probably fit the best... could you imagine having to make over 100 different playable character sets in an RPG? At least PokèMon found a way to effectively shortcut the system.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!
Well it is possible if the mobile game is good, maybe the app will show it's development in game by adding additional characters in. Pokémon Go did it with their Pokémon so I don't mind of them taking long time to add certain characters in the game. Although I would have prefer if they use the characters that are from each game starter packs to start off rather than using them in the cover because that's what many people get from the game. It is possible for Coms2us to go out of their way and add all of these characters in but that would be rushing it. They need to take certain time to make models in each characters. Skylanders Lost Islands doesn't need to because up until Trap Team, they took time to place their smaller models in islands and they also use their characters art in their pro folio so it could happen the same with this game.
So like Gran Turismo Sport with it's vehicles, tracks and events?
Yeah, I can dig that.
Signing out!
New image from new financial report!

[Image: caf80710f75fcefa002648770b5ff2cf.png]

More screens have been found!

[Image: 20989e4beccac6bccf7da54b8ea2a26c.jpg]

[Image: 08b01caa6e74664a15a8b3389867b535.jpg]
I can see they've got Crusher, Stormblade and-
Wait, what have they done to Stealth Elf and Eruptor? That better be Gera they're wearing...

Mind, I'll have to wait until I see them from the front before I can pass judgement. Never judge a book by it's cover... or rear, in this case-
OK, that came out wrong!
Signing out!
Ooooooo! I like the way it looks. To me SE's clothes look more like a skin and not gear. But they looks sweet in those new looks!! I'm stoked!!!
Looks pretty alright, but here's hoping those skins aren't in lootboxes.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I think you're confusing Activision for EA.
(You left the door open, Graupel; I'm just gonna barge in!)

Doesn't bother me, either way.
I seldom if not never purchase stuff in-game, and currently I prefer the original designs.
Signing out!
It's a mobile game, unfortunately I only expect the worst on microtransactions nowadays :/ the game based on this, Summoners War, also has an indirect way of spending money for a *chance* at a rare character.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
These pictures for the new upcoming mobile game are lit. These images hold up many possibilities that the mobile game will have. Since Crusher and Stormblade are in the same game, it could be possible for the mobile game to have compatibility on a Bluetooth Portal. Also, there are new forms of Eruptor and Stealth Elf which I believe those could be new reposes of the new game. I understand how Primordial Clock-Roo becoming sceptical about their new reposes in the mobile game which I agree. I've prefer Stealth Elf's Original and Ninja form but not completely a fan of her Supercharger state because it changes her game style. I however FREAKING LOVED HER in her headband and scarf. It looks like she's ready to go Naruto on them. (Her ninja form has a Tigar Attack similar to the Fox Form for a brief second). Eruptor seems to be similar to his Superchargers form but unlike Stealth Elf, I like his Lava Lance gameplay so this should be interesting for both of them. Nothing really much to say about the villains their fighting against but their icons on the bottom right is something to go into if you desired to analyse it for yourself but I'm not covering it though.

Now for the texture. Well for a mobile game that is made by Com2us, it's not bad. It's a low resolution of the console game sure but it still have it's Skylanders colours and charm in there and the background can be forgiving if it not fogged out. Gameplay wise is not you and me will be talking about because lol, it's a stale image but in the HUD, there is the circle with the number 10 that could be indicating the time in certain turns of the battle and the bar that is in Chinese/Korean language (Sorry if I get both of them together). I might be afraid that these countries might not remembered Skylanders since the first game was release in Japan and did not sell well but then again, it could mean Skylanders can go places with the Mobile Game. Maybe it will go the same way as Fire Emblem did and introduce the seventh game over there but it is unlikely that will catch on. However, it might also mean the game might not have the figure compatibility because other Asia countries (other than Japan maybe) never see Skylanders as a Toys to Life game. If they introduce buying digital characters of online stores and keep the figure compatibility then it could help. Introducing a Starter Pack with figures and Downloadable Content for the game could also help. I'm not saying getting a Starter Pack that has a paid game in it because they did it with Battlegrounds before and it's fine for a little while until they prefer playing it for free. Downloadable Content in the possible Starter Pack could be great for players who just play this game wondering if they can add figure characters to the game.