Some Text Strings Relating to Skylanders was Found in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
So this is interesting.

https://twitter.com/MainMemory_/status/1...3784385536 - Credit to MainMemory for this.

Relevant strings

"13d4b30 eSG_Invalid

13d4b48 eSG_Spyro2011

13d4b60 eSG_Giants2012

13d4b78 eSG_Shapeshifters2013

13d4b98 eSG_TrapTeam2014

13d4bb8 eSG_Superchargers2015

13d4bd8 eSG_Skylanders2016

13d4bf8 eSG_Skylanders2017"

I guess Swap Force was named Shapeshifters in development and the name was changed at a late stage. Also when N. Sane was developed, Imaginators didn't have a name yet apparently. 

The most interesting thing to come out of this, though, is that apparently a Skylanders game was scheduled to release in 2017, but development was either stopped at an early stage or was cancelled.
[Image: ftEzroE.gif]
That last bit is already known fact.
A game was in development, but Imaginators poor sales meant that Activision had to cancel the project.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

Well this confirms that a Skylanders 7 was in development at some point.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
let's hope they make a fully playable game.
So, Liam was right after all.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ The Light is Gathering Together. Hearts Driven by One Oath, One Purpose.
So does that mean Skylanders is cancelled? Sad
No it means that the 2017 title was indeed in the works but was supposedly scrapped.
I wouldn't take this as any major insight into the series' future. I think it's pretty normal for the Skylander's pipeline to have a game well into development while the other one is finishing up. I have no idea what the future holds, but I have an open mind.
What ever it is they have plenty of time for fixing bugs and making it a quality game, IF it's coming.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
This makes me wonder if we'll see more in the Spyro trilogy. plus let's hope give us a true Skylander game next year.
(07-06-2018, 08:27 PM)Barrysun Wrote: This makes me wonder if we'll see more in the Spyro trilogy. plus let's hope give us a true Skylander game next year.

I doubt it. Crash was the last game made in Vicarious Visions' Alchemy engine, which they used for their Skylanders games. Spyro is being made in Unreal Engine 4.
[Image: ftEzroE.gif]
What about Beenox? They might be up to something. Maybe.
Angel The legacy of Spyro must go on.
Big Grin  Punching your computer is not the answer.
Beenox mostly work on ports.
Has Beenox ever made their own standalone game?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

They did the Bee Movie game, Monsters vs. Aliens, The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man Friend or Foe and a few other titles.