Can Starlink Save Skylanders?
I've heard some really good things about Starlink since E3 people have really been positive about this game(Especially the Switch Version)If Starlink becomes a sucess maybe Activision could try again with Skylanders like make the figures optional instead of forcing people to buy the figures.What do you think can Starlink save Skylanders?
Starlink still needs the figures to play the game. What makes it different from other Toys to Life is it's Sci-Fi setting and artstyle is more "mature" then the cartoony looking games before. Also a game from another company doesn't mean can save Skylanders, that's depending of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy and Activision's Interest in the franchise.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Everyone is Here!
How is the Reignited Trilogy going to save Skylanders?
I don't know. But it might keep the interest on Activision with the Spyro franchise
I'm of the opposite mindset, Kairi... unfortunately.
If Reignited Trilogy does as well as it looks it will, well, we can probably kiss the Skylander canon goodbye.
I just hope that's not the case.
But both Spyros can Exist,right? Skylanders can be good without the Toys can it?
Crystal has said multiple times that Spyro and Skylanders can Co-Exist.
I believe what she said
I mean, look at Skylanders Academy and the upcoming Skylanders Ring of Heroes. Plus the Spyro Reignited Trilogy is coming out around the time those two Skylanders content are being released.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Your right about that,I mean I am excited for Season 3 and I have to wait until Christmas to get a phone so I can play Ring of Heroes,I should just look at the positives instead of the negatives
I don't know.
Maybe I'm just cynical because of how pushy and forceful retro Spyro fans are. I'd rather see those guys suffer than see them smile.
If Skylanders wants to continue they should try to incorporate the Skylanders in the story mode and not just be there, I get we're the main character, but it doesn't hurt to change the formula. Like Starlink is doing with it's characters. The new Story Trailer makes me want to see Skylanders try to improve from Imaginators Story, especially with the NPCs thing.

Although we would have to add less characters in favor of the story mode.
I'm all for that, a Kairi.
They need to break away from the established formula and try something new.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

Starlink is truely pushing a story mode where the Pilots ARE the main characters and not the player behind the screen (A.K.A Us), compare to Skylanders where all the games are us the main character, like don't only change the gimmick, shake up the formula especially Story mode, SuperChargers had the most decent good story of them all.
Are you flirting with me Kairi?
You just said so many things right there that I agree with!

They had a great chance to do something amazing with Imaginators, but they completely blew it.
This is why I love SuperChargers - the characters in that game FEEL like characters in a story, and not just there.

Next game - if there is one - better get it right.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

Apparently you can play Starlink without the toys, but you have to buy them digitally, so there's a posibility for a toyless Skylanders game.
Yup, you can play Starlike without toys.

"Q. Can I play Starlink: Battle for Atlas without the modular toys (digital only)?

A. Yes. The modular toys are not required. Each starship, pilot, and weapon in Starlink: Battle for Atlas is available for purchase in physical and digital formats. All Starter Pack physical starships, weapons, and pilots are permanently unlocked digitally as well.

Additionally, all physical toys unlock their digital counterparts for a period of time when connected via the controller mount, letting you play how you want, when you want."
[Image: ftEzroE.gif]