Pokemon Thread
I'm hopping Srorbunny's is a good Pokémon to play with. I might also go for Grookey for my secondary version.
Team Grookey!

Also Sword and Shield? Pokémon finally gets me.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
OK, I've never said this before since I got into the series, but...
This trailer didn't grab me. At all.

Maybe it's because I'm starting to fall out of love wit the series (I don't play it as much as I used to) or because I don't plan on getting a Switch (so my PokéMon journey has already come to an end), but I wasn't overly impressed for some reason.
Don't ask me why; I legitimately don't know. Perhaps it's because I just didn't go "Wow!" or something like that...

I don't mind the starters, though.
That said, the only one that caught my eyes was Scorbunny.
Sobble has potential, though! And Grookey... meh. Not really on my radar, honestly.
(Then again, none of the PokéMon will be because - again - I won't be getting the game.)

The names do strike me as odd, though...
Sword and Shield? That doesn't give us any leads.
Then again, a region based on the UK is likely to have 'historic'-esque themes and naming conventions.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
While I still love Pokémon, i've been interested in other things like Kingdom Hearts, Miitopia, etc. in recent years.

eh wished they showed the Legendaries, also Game Freak "Mexico Inspired Region" when?
They look to be sticking with Europe and the US for a while, so maybe a Mexico themed region could happen.
I do like the sound of a region with Hispanic and/or Aztec inspiration (it is Aztec, right?).

I'm just surprised they haven't thought of doing Australia.
We've got a really diverse range of flora and fauna. Lots of native wildlife round these parts!
Plus, we have the Aboriginal dream time from which they could source legendary PokéMon from!
Signing out!

Mewtwo Strikes Back 3D remake of the original movie:

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
I'm quite surprised they did this.

I was thinking characters like Ash and company would have a different eye style.
I'm interested in THIS than I am with Detective Pikachu.
(Still calling it a box office flop now.)

I wonder if this will be coming to the West eventually?
Be a shame for it to be Japanese only.
Signing out!

Casting video on Detective Pikachu -

I don't know whether I find this video cute...
Or disturbing.
Signing out!

New Pokemon Direct on Pokemon Sword and Shield on June 5th:

EDIT:
New Pokemon Home, Sleep, Masters, and a new Pokemon Detective Pikachu game were announced today.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu 2 - the sequel to the video game adaption set to be released on the Nintendo Switch .

Quote:
Pokemon Home

Welcome home, Trainers.

Introducing Pokémon HOME, a cloud service that will work with Nintendo Switch and iOS and Android devices, allowing you to bring over the Pokémon that you’ve shared adventures with throughout your journey.

[Image: D7smhlDW4AEzE7L?format=jpg&name=medium]

Quote:
Pokemon Sleep

What if you could continue training your Pokémon...even in your sleep?

In 2016, Pokémon GO turned the simple act of walking into entertainment, making the entire world into a game. We’re about to do it again, Trainers—this time, for sleeping.

We’re pleased to announce the development of Pokémon Sleep, a new app that tracks a user’s time sleeping and brings a gameplay experience unlike any other!

Several Snorlax were consulted on this, in case you were wondering.

Pokemon Sleep is coming in 2020.

[Image: D7snMGuWsAIoqTk?format=jpg&name=medium]

Quote:
Pokemon Masters

Dreaming of becoming a Pokémon master? This is your time! Get ready for Pokémon Masters, a new game that allows you to battle alongside your favorite Pokémon Trainers from the main series RPGs.

[Image: D7spQfEXoAAY5t6?format=jpg&name=medium]
My thoughts:

New Detective Pikachu game: Eh. Not really interested in the original, or even the movie. Not on my radar.
PokéMon Home: Mm. Guess this will be functional. At least we now have a way of transferring Melmetal and Meltan from Let's Go to other games.
PokéMon Sleep: What...? OK, this is just absurd.
PokéMon Masters: I want to know more. NOW!
Signing out!

Pokemon Sleep!! What a crazy idea, but I love it. XD
I was hoping Pokemon Masters would be a console game, but alas it's mobile. But all this makes me even more pumped for the Sword and Shield Direct!
New Pokemon Direct was today:

Can we say how awful the pokémon fandom is right now? Now it's wrong to "Defend" this game?
The #BringBackNationalDex is everywhere in the community, even on GO topics on social media. Best to ignore them.

Pokemon Masters will be showcased Thursday 13:00 UTC.
There's a video about we shouldn't defend Sword and Shield, the video is the most hypocritical thing i've ever seen. No wonder why it has dislikes.

Not only that they're saying Game Freak is lazy over a flipping Tree and hating the "Dynamax" mechanic. When it's still being developed, like remember when Kingdom Hearts 2.8 was coming out With the whole 0.2? How many were complaining about the graphics and stuff? Remember Super Mario Odyssey? that had major improvements in the next few months.

Now accusing people of being a fanboy because of defending a game and how you dare to defend such "Lazy" game. We also have the right to criticize the critic. And no we're not trying to "censor you".
Pokemon Masters:

*before watching*
OK, let's see what we have here!

*during the teaser trailer*
Um... I do like the anime style this trailer is going for, being based off of the show and all, but... what is this game about, exactly?

*after watching*
So this is basically Summoners War/Ring of Heroes, but with PokéMon?
I suppose that works. Could be interesting.
Signing out!

Message from Game Freak on Sword and Shield: https://www.pokemon.com/us/a-message-for...game-fans/
I can understand where he's coming from...
Won't do anything to fix the problem he has inadvertently created, however. People will still continue to complain about there being no National Dex blindly and maybe even ignorantly.

I think it's fair to say that the PokéMon fandom has devolved into even DEEPER depths of 'bad community.'
(Let's not get started on the whole 'genwunner' business and what happened with Gen V.)
Signing out!

Apparently that doesn't solve anything. people are still complaining about it. They're just wating for this game to be delayed for that petty reason, i'm so tired of delays.
The game won't be delayed just so that the National Dex will be added back in. They need to realize that.
And besides, if Nitro-Fueled can add much requested characters post-launch for no extra cost, what's stopping GAME FREAK from adding new PokéMon to Galar post release as well?
Signing out!

New trailer, new Pokemon!

Wow, for some reason I just love Alcremie. The idea of a Pokemon based off whipped cream is so weird, but so cool XD. I think beside Alcremie, Corviknight has to be my top fav.
Um, it's not new, mate.
Slurpuff ring any bells?
(I know it's called the 'Meringue' PokéMon, but still, dessert themed.)

I'm not sold on this Gigantamaxing mechanic...
Then again, I won't be getting this game anyone as I don't have a Switch.
Signing out!

I am also not a big fan of the dynamic mechanic as it only change the size of every Pokemon and give them some kind of advantage. It’s the same way I felt with Z-Moves in Sun and Moon. Gigantimax has the same purpose as Pokemon specific Z-moves like Catastrohpika and Malicious Moonsault

At least Mega Evolution was handled as a gimmick that CAN benefit certain Pokemon that deserves it, these gimmick are just there to both make the competitive competition more casual and make people buy these games that was effected by the Infinity Gauntlet Snap.
"Check out Skylanders Traplocke! A new way to play Trap Team."
It's in the Trap Team forums. Duh.
I hope Gigantamaxing has an advantage in battle.
It's suppose to give your PokéMon extra power and moves...
But I don't think it'll be a case of 'use whenever you want.' It'd be too broken, then.
Signing out!

New trailer on Pokemon Masters: