Toys for Bob donates sizable Skylanders collection to Strong Museum
Toys for Bob donated to Strong Musuem over 200 pre-production figures and portals, in-house tools, almost 1,000 pages of records such as concept art, retail figures still in their packaging, and recorded interviews with various staff members and both founders Paul Reiche III and Fred Ford.

"We are very proud to have The Strong museum preserve the many stories and artifacts that went into developing Skylanders," said Activision chief creative officer Paul Yan. "This collection exposes Toys for Bob's unique maker culture and the scrappy inventiveness that went into trail blazing this unconventional marriage of physical toys and video games. Our hope is that making this history publicly available will inspire radical new ways to experience fun and joy."

The Strong Museum includes as a part of the world's largest collection of play-related artifacts the International Center for Electronic Games and the World Video Game Hall of Fame.

"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Wait what?!?!

So that means we'll get to see more unseen concept art and figures?!?!

Sad we won't ever get to see that one artbook unless they also donate it.
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Everyone is Here!
This is a very positive story to hear, especially since the Skylanders games have been on hiatus for 2 years now.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

The Strong’s Museum of Play blog shows a bit of the prototypes and talks about the donations:

How cool! Finally some recognition. I wish the museum wasn't on the other side of the country. XD
Beta Tree Rex? Prototype Portal? I just want that Infamous Skylanders Artbook, welp i guess i'll stick with the Toys for Bob games developement.
The Skylanders artbook is only by Vicarious Visions, and so far released for Swap Force and SuperChargers that were given to Activision employees. Some sell them on ebay.
But they're not officially public.
At least Skylanders is getting respect