When will Skylanders will be TRUELY appreciated?
Like I mean by both the Spyro/Gaming Communities. Because I always hear the same thing over and over again about the series, like it's been seven years already, when will this series will get the respect and recognition, by both?
~ Kairi_in_Skylands ~ Destiny to Skylands
By the Spyro community? Probably never... (These die-hard fanbases are a prejudice lot.)

But it does look like those on the outer are starting to waver. Since the series hasn't been in the gaming spotlight and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy was released, negativity towards has died away.
Perhaps it has to do with the misled stigma "Skylanders killed Spyro" being alleviated.

Fun fact: I actually posted a comment about Skylanders: SuperChargers Racing on a video regarding Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled... on a channel whose user is very anti-Skylanders.
It's currently the most liked comment on his video. In the past, the mere mention of the series initiated rage and hatred among everyone... nothing this time around.

Things are definitely mellowing out.
Just not as fast as any of us would like.
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo
To answer this question, I think you have to look at the barrier of entry for Skylanders in say, 10-20 years. How accessible will the figures be? Will the portals and RFID chips in the toys be functional (albeit rarely, there have been reports of Skylanders toys dying) in 10-20 years? Will people want to technically 100% the games, which requires every figure and accessory, and are they willing to commit to that? Will there be a hacking tool to unlock Skylanders in the future? Will people have nostalgia for Skylanders in 20 years in the same way classic Spyro has? These questions (and many more) are the key to figure out if Skylanders is going to be appreciated in the future by people. It very well could be! It could also be too much of a barrier of entry for these games (unless Activision releases a non TTL Skylanders collection in the future).

For now, it's just a weird phase Spyro went through (I know some gaming journalists referred to the Skylanders era of Spyro as that when Reignited was first revealed).
[Image: ftEzroE.gif]
Only times Skylanders is appreciated is when fans of it continue to talk about or show interest in playing.
"Your past may be fragmented, but your present is what matters."
Ouch.
That's rough and grim of you, Crystal.

There are definitely fans of the series and games, just not a lot here (that are left).
I know a few guys who have played the series and enjoy it; I tried enticing one of them who I'm now a friend of - nofinland - to join this community.
Got nowhere.

Oh well.
Point is, the fans of the series may not be converged in one place, but they are definitely there!
Signing out!

The fandom just died after no game around 2017. It just stopped the show isn't helping, a mobile game release date was a disaster and it won't help to keep the franchise alive, since it's just screams freemium game. And the community outside Skylanders don't want to bother playing a game with toys. And also I just want hype surrounding these games.

I don't know, if the series will ever comeback.

This proves my point that the series is so unapprecited.
(12-28-2018, 05:01 AM)The Primordial Clok-Roo Wrote: Ouch.
That's rough and grim of you, Crystal.

There are definitely fans of the series and games, just not a lot here (that are left).
I know a few guys who have played the series and enjoy it; I tried enticing one of them who I'm now a friend of - nofinland - to join this community.
Got nowhere.

Oh well.
Point is, the fans of the series may not be converged in one place, but they are definitely there!

Yes there are fans of there besides just here. Those that still show interest in the franchise are what's keeping it alive.
The mobile game was a mistake, instend of releasing a console game, they went with the cheap cash grab mobile game route. But no they had to remaster Spyro the Dragon that those fans don't deserve it.
(12-29-2018, 07:03 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: The mobile game was a mistake, instead of releasing a console game, they went with the cheap cash grab mobile game route. But no they had to remaster Spyro the Dragon that those fans don't deserve it.

I actually half agree with you on this.
I agree because - and I've state this several times in the past - did we really NEED the Reignited Trilogy? No. Spyro's relevancy has been about as dead as a bamboo stalk in a nature reserve: alive and growing. And even then, I still don't see why you should play the remasters over the original games... there's nothing new or worthwhile to be had. The total opposite of what happened with Crash Bandicoot. (And I know this is petty, but the voice direction in Spyro 1 is AWFUL!!!)

The only thing I disagree on is that at least the mobile game is really fun! (Bit grind-y, but really good and clever. You'd be surprised.)
Which speaking of, has an official release date been given for the America's/Europe AT ALL?!
Signing out!

Not yet on the US release date, nor other regions that haven't gotten the game yet.
I'm hoping they'll give us a remastered Skylanders game with updated graphics, all Characters compatible, make the magic items useable again,
I sorta agree with you Roo in this. The Reignifhtes games aren't really necessary, except for capitalizing in on the nostalgia trend $$$$$$$ (which I have no real feelings for, I feel like I'm still a bit too young to remember these games). I still think the game looks cool and I would still love to play it someday. The main reason I do like it though, is that it has finally given TFB some much deserved and much lacked recognition. They were finally seen as the dedicated, hardworking and talented studio they've always been (Madagascar games excluded lol).
On the Topic of Skylanders relevancy, I think it's still relevant. It definitely still is in my life. I think people these days (including me) always want their favorite things to keep growing and expanding. But it's also unsustainable. So I think, like what CB said, as long as we keep the discussion going Skylanders will always be relevant. And I do believe that it will make a comeback some day.
(Phew, sorry that was SO long)
(12-29-2018, 07:03 PM)Kairi_in_Skylands Wrote: The mobile game was a mistake, instend of releasing a console game, they went with the cheap cash grab mobile game route. But no they had to remaster Spyro the Dragon that those fans don't deserve it.

I hope you do realize why they're releasing a mobile game, right? Activision's handling of the IP health of the Skylanders series was very poor, and as a result the last three console Skylanders games declined in sales, and the last two didn't particularly sell well at all. It would make no business sense making Skylanders 7 because it would do even worse than Imaginators did. Basic economics here.

As for Reignited, it made sense to do because it was Spyro's 20th anniversary, nostalgia for the 90's is hot right now, and Toys For Bob have stated that one of the main inspirations of Skylanders was classic Spyro, and I can definitely see that in the environments of the games. It makes sense why TFB would want to remake it. YMMV on if Reignited is better than the originals, but it does have it's advantages over the originals and vice versa, like all remakes have.
[Image: ftEzroE.gif]
They don't deserve it because for one reason: They're Distaste for Skylanders and the remaster improved things yes, but still people complained about it.

Mobile Games are a cashgrabs, limits a lot of people without spending money, I played a fair amount of games, some games you need to buy characters with real money i'm like nope.
Most "freemium" games are like that, unfortunately.
It has been done right, though. I have played freemium games that don't force you to spend real-life money to make progress that would otherwise take HOURS of grinding.
But if it doesn't suit you, that that's fine. I respect your opinion.

Mobile gaming's not for everyone, anyway.

And as for people complaining about the remaster even though they asked for it...
That's the Spyro fanbase, for you! They wnat everything 1-to-1 the same.
And what they got is debatable as being less impressive than the originals.
I think they got what they deserved... in an ironic sense, that is.
Signing out!

Oh speaking of appreciation...

Man the Entry from Outside Xbox was awful. "The Top Eight Villains that just needed to Sing", Like the whole Drill-X thing, like they made a sequel because they missed a few charcters although this could been avoided if they inclueded the boss in the first video, also to the lady in the video KIDS. DON'T. ONLY. PLAY. THE. GAME. It's insulting to the playerbase. Seriously these gaming channels.
Exactly what you said.
There are channels like these that you know are just being run by people who are just... stupid.

Want people who know what they're talking about with countdowns? I know some guys.
Primarily because the guys I know/watch have something called a 'brain.'
It's an amazing thing. Some of these 'clickbait' channels should look into it.
Signing out!

Also when will the fun facts or did you know gaming based on Skylanders?

This is why this series is so unappreciated.
I REALLY want to see a DYKG episode on Skylanders, too.
A lot of people don't know the truth behind the franchises creation, and there's a lot of interesting fun facts that really need to be told!
Like how the backstories of Spyro and Cynder were intentionally left ambiguous to spark creative freedom among fans (which it has, actually), or how the guy that created the first "Franken-lander" (a predecessor to the SWAP Force) cut his hand open, or what the whole inspiration behind the toys-to-life mechanics was!

But all DYKG does is shove Nintendo facts down our throat with the occasional indie/Sony IP just because it's hype at the moment...
And yet they did episodes on the Sonic Boom games, Shrek games and even Bubsy of all things!
What about franchises like Skylanders?
Or maybe even Gran Turismo; Scribblenaughst; Need for Speed; Worms; there are several other popular franchises they can do... but they won't do them!!!

Maybe we should do one of our own...
Signing out!

They had a fact in Extra. But nothing special and it was the Guest Stars.
The only way Skylanders can truly be appritciated is if they Rebooted the series or remove Spyro but they can't do that because Spyro is the reason Skylanders exsits
So apparently Skylanders is "Forgotten", it was so popluar that everyone forgot what Skylanders is according to one Youtuber. Also his entry on Skylanders is so awful.

I'm fully offended, Really Skylanders needs to comeback, and not as a mobile game.
Such as it is with so many popular/successful IP's. They get to a point where they just... stop for no reason.
And the only people who remember it and keep it alive/relevant are the fans.
It’s just sad...

That said, there is still one VERY small slither of hope that I can see: