Would you like a Skylanders themed Grand Prix in CTRNF?
Yes!
100.00%
No.
0%
2 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Skylanders in Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled (Idea)
Question 
So for those who have played Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, you'll be aware that each month the game hosts what is known as a Grand Prix. Basically, it's 30 days race challenges and new monthly content for players to work away at and unlock new goodies. FOR FREE!

Back in September, a Grand Prix was hosted featuring a crossover with Spyro the Dragon series, featuring Spyro, Hunter and Gnasty Gnorc as playable characters along with a track inspired by the first Spyro game. While there wasn't any content relating to Skylanders, there were a few Spyro quotes that referenced the series, including Spyro's Skylander catchphrase: "All fired up!"

However, I - and many others - have been wondering about the idea and potential for a Skylanders themed Grand Prix. So I thought I might bring it here and see what a more concentrated fanbase of Skylanders fans think of this, and what ideas/suggestions they would have for a potential Grand Prix.

First and foremost, let's get the characters out of the way. Aside from Spyro, the ONLY other Skylander that can be considered the franchise mascot is Stealth Elf, so she's pretty much a must... especially given how popular and recognizable she is. We should also have at least ONE SuperCharger, and I think the obvious choice here is Spitfire. As for who else, that's up to opinions...

But there is one non-Skylander character who I think would be fun to have as a racer in Nitro-Fueled: Kaos. Just imagine all the fun you could have with his quotes and animations! It would be HILARIOUS!

Character skins are also down to personal opinion, but it would be a good way to reference other Skylanders that are not a part pf the Grand Prix by having outfits based on them included as skins for certain characters. For instance, Roller Brawl Yaya Panda... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-!

*has a heart attack... then comes back*

Oh, where am I...? Oh yes, I know now.

As for what kart and customization options there would be... well, I have nothing. I can't think of anything. The only idea I have in mind is that the Hot Streak is a special kart that you buy in the Pit Stop, so it can't be altered in appearance... but it grants a WHOPPING 40% Nitro Boost when used during the Grand Prix! Of course, if you paired it up with Spitfire in a Pit Stop bundle, the price WOULD need to be a gigantic 10000 Wumpa Coins. But if you were to break every bit of it down into Legendary pieces, the price would be justified in the end.

Proof Wrote:
  • Kart body - 2500 Wumpa Coins, 10% Nitro
  • Non-existent Legendary Decal - 1000 Wumpa Coins, 10% Nitro
  • Legendary Paint Job - 1500 Wumpa Coins, 5% Nitro
  • Legendary Wheels - 2500 Wumpa Coins, 10% Nitro
  • Non-existent Legendary Sticker - 1000 Wumpa Coins, 5% Nitro
  • Subtotal - 8500 Wumpa Coins, 40% Nitro

• Spitfire character - 1500 Wumpa Coins, 10% Nitro
  • Grand total - 10000 Wumpa Coins, 50% Nitro

But that's all that I can think of...
So, are you guys on board with having a Skylanders themed Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled Grand Prix sometime in the future?
And if you are, what ideas do you have for it?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

RoH Name: Clok-Roo