Battlecast Strategies and Decks
There are a surprising amount of ways to play Skylanders: Battlecast. I thought this would be pretty basic, but it is surprisingly complex with how many strategies you can run.
This may be invasive of other people's strategies and style, but since it's been released in the U.S. now, I want to know what decks and strategies everyone is running!

Me? Oh, I run a LOT! To put it simple, I have a Regeneration Deck, a Cheap Abilities Deck, a Sideline Deck, but easily my favourite is my BBRB Deck.
It combines the dream team that is Spitfire and Roller Brawl to benefit on her ability to cheaply and effectively deal LOTS of damage by simply swapping in. I also hold a Food Fight in the background, to double as a healer in emergencies and to allow access to the Life Element's cards buffing abilities.
Needless to say, if this deck gets going there's no stopping it!

So, what about you guys? Got a favourite strategy and deck?
I'm the Primordial Clok-Roo
Signing out!

Should I ever get this game working(I'm almost praying for it considering the sheer amount of attempts), I already have a Research Deck in mind.
Skylander of choice to research with as many of its signature spells as possible,Flashwing with Skylithium Scale/Prophetic Pick/The Motherlode for quick crystal gain, someone for support depending on the character of choice, tons of Gear or Relics.
That way it's easy to grab a modest Story Mode battle and write down as many new lines as possible. Gear/Relic has at least 4 for each character from what I've seen, so the more crystals for character spells and gear, the better.

Which is why Bluestacks was out of consideration because voice acting wasn't working there; I can deal with lag and bad graphics but I need the voices.
Anime? In my Skylanders? It's more likely than you think.
I've also found out that if your Skylander is the last one to be defeated, they will have different defeat quotes.
I'll prove it - here's what Stealth Elf says under those circumstances:
"I'll return when you least expect it..."
Signing out!

I'm still working on a final few forms as I have just picked up the two Battle Decks yesterday of the making of this post actually lol, But I run a Big Gear/Regen deck with Smash Hit, Snap Shot, and Countdown I am running zero character cards for countdown atm as the only one I have was a "Card of the Day" and for 2 crystal 100 dmg for 50 dmg to my allies is too steep, thats a 1 to 1 ratio spread over the party...
I just joined the forums to share on this thread. I've built a deck I have yet to lose with and thought people might get a kick out of using it or trying to build something that beats it! 
I'll include the deck list at the bottom of the post. The basic idea of the deck is to use Ninjini to stall and gradually deal damage, Flashwing to deal sudden bursts of damage at the end, and Tree Rex to heal if necessary and to give access to some key life cards. 
Strategy: Turn 1, play a 1 or 2 cost card, attack with Ninjini, and switch to Tree Rex. Turn 2, switch back, attack, and bottle. Proceed to attack and then bottle for the rest of the game, playing cards when you have the crystals to but making sure you can still bottle up. This will win most games on its own with just Ninjini, but there are some other situations to consider. 
If your opponent manages to kill Ninjini, never fear! Just use Tree Rex to absorb all the damage until you have Flashwing's character cards to Crystalline Crust and then Reflective Ray to victory (if you haven't won with Earthquake or Eon's Might by then already!). 
If your opponent is using standard Hot Head or some other way to quickly get lots of attack, be careful about leaving Ninjini out. 130 attack minus 30 damage is still 100 damage, and it can be rough to lose Ninjini. Usually the right strategy here is to swap between Ninjini and Tree Rex to soak some damage, still bottling up if Ninjini is in front at the end of the turn. 
If your opponent is using Spyro for increased spell damage, Flashwing's lattice ability is amazing. Still start out with the Ninjini trick, but swap to Flashwing around turn 7 and start putting that shield up. Use Tree Rex to heal when you can and try to break the Ampliflier as soon as possible. 
Deck List: 
Abra-Kaboom, Mind Reader, Muscle Sprouts, Quicksand, Rock Solid, Shield of Elements, Star Shell Stopper, Tree Party, Break, Crystalline Crust, Heart of the Forest, Boulder, Tap and Sap, Tree Wrecked, Arkeyan Ice Chest, Essence Ignition, First Aid, Ob's Wand, Orbital Strike, Collective Strength, Magic Mayhem, Shiny Helmet, Unstoppa-Boulder, Wishful Thinking, Landslide, Bloom, Nether Warp, Reflective Ray, Earthquake, Eon's Judgement
Cool deck, but I can see faults in it.

For one, you haven't considered Jet-Vac. His ability to force swap out the Skylander that is active can break Ninjini's stall power and leave everyone else vulnerable. And Jet-Vac I find is good for forcing out opponents you don't want and getting in someone else and quickly finishing them off. Oh, and don't forget that his gear lets him gain cards of the element matching the enemy he attacked. Plus, he can take away ANY gear he wants!
You should also consider Hex, since she can absolutely cripple this deck late in the game. For instance, if you let her get to 7 Crystals, you pretty much are at the mercy of her Forboding Curse, leaving any Skylander you have at a crippling state. And if she drops a Cursed Choker on one of your Skylanders... problem.
But the worst for your team is Crusher. If he active near the end and is holding onto either his Gear or the Doublizer... Drop The Hammer is your worst nightmare - especially with the Doublizer! With even that thing and 0 Golem's Strength, you're looking 640 damage... enough to wipe out ANYONE on your team!

There are also Element specific worries you need to consider.
  • The Fire Element carries 2 cards that will cripple Tree Rex - 5th Degree Burn and Noxious Firebrand. If you're opponent has these in their hand right at the end, Tree Rex's Back To Your Roots will be wasted.
  • Starting From Scrap. You have a few Gears and Relics in your hand, which means that break cards will hurt... especially this one. The number of times it screwed me over against a BOT player is insane! Also be careful of anyone carrying Surprise-A-Tech since they can just bypass Ninjini and hit whoever they want.
  • The Undead Element is as unpredictable as the come! Anything you don't want it to do it CAN do. Power cuts and health saps will hurt this deck badly!
Oh, and muting will be the absolute BANE of this deck. So if you're up against Rip Tide with the Electric Eel... that's a big fish to fry.

I reckon I could take this team... no guarantees though. If you're up for it, I'll take you on some time!
You can post your Battlecast name in the thread "Post your Battlecast Names."
Signing out!

JetVac is a bit bothersome in that he can take out Flashwing early game, and I suppose if my opponent was switching their own Skylanders to defend him from Ninjini's consistent damage output that would make up for it and give them a route to win. I'd imagine that Hex would be K.O.'d by 7 crystals in most games, and if not she's only able to take out one of the tanks with Foreboding Curse. Cursed Choker would be an issue if it stuck, but I think I run enough gear and things to break gear with to get rid of it pretty quickly. Crusher sure can be a nightmare, but I find that I can usually knock him out before he gets his important gear, and if I haven't K.O.'d him by then, he hasn't been out long enough to get to rank 3 and isn't as much of a threat (although I can see this changing if my opponent is running some Life element combo with Tree Rex and Growth Spurt, for example). 

As for element-specific threats, I don't run Back to your Roots, since Tree Rex isn't there to fight late-game like he normally is. Tree Party is actually the key card in this deck for him; if things are tight he can give a decent 20-60 health boost to the entire team, which is a pretty good way to spend a turn midgame when I'm trying to outlast a rush deck. I've also found Noxious Firebrand pretty easy to break, either with a removal card or some side damage. 5th Degree Burn is a threat for anyone on my team, though, and my best answer is to switch out whoever was hit and heal back up a few turns later. That might win the game if my opponent used it early enough on Ninjini. Starting from Scrap is bothersome, but my gears aren't crucial to winning the game, so I can probably manage anyway. Surprise-A-Tech is a bother, though, and I realize I might be more at risk from a talented Jawbreaker player than I had thought. The undead element is interestingly unpredictable in terms of its specific mechanics, but predictably slow unless my opponent is using Roller Brawl, who Ninjini outright beats. 

Muting is, as you've said, an issue, and I've had some close calls with it before. I'll try posting my name on the forum! (It's the same as my username here.) 

After reading your well-thought-out reply, I think my choice of team to beat my own deck would probably be Hot Head (standard), Jet Vac, and Smash Hit, who might be able to trap someone other than Ninjini in front, though if that didn't work out I might try the more durable Hot Head, Crusher, Tree Rex or Ninjini, Hot Head, Jet Vac. (In part, this is because I'm not good enough with Jawbreaker to believe I could use him effectively!) 

Oh- another issue I've run into that would really throw a spanner in the works for my deck if used well is Chalk Albatross. It can completely stop Ninjini from being able to regain health, since I rely on being able to switch to Tree Rex to do that. Stick that in a deck with Hot Head or Jawbreaker and Ninjini is in for a pummeling.
My strategy is to attack FULL POWER HAHAHAHA! LOL (I'm obviously a newbie and I don't have many cards so I can't exactly make a REAL battle strategy.)
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge BUT Imagination." -Albert Einstein
(11-03-2016, 03:37 PM)Jffig Wrote: JetVac is a bit bothersome in that he can take out Flashwing early game, and I suppose if my opponent was switching their own Skylanders to defend him from Ninjini's consistent damage output that would make up for it and give them a route to win. I'd imagine that Hex would be K.O.'d by 7 crystals in most games, and if not she's only able to take out one of the tanks with Foreboding Curse. Cursed Choker would be an issue if it stuck, but I think I run enough gear and things to break gear with to get rid of it pretty quickly. Crusher sure can be a nightmare, but I find that I can usually knock him out before he gets his important gear, and if I haven't K.O.'d him by then, he hasn't been out long enough to get to rank 3 and isn't as much of a threat (although I can see this changing if my opponent is running some Life element combo with Tree Rex and Growth Spurt, for example). 

As for element-specific threats, I don't run Back to your Roots, since Tree Rex isn't there to fight late-game like he normally is. Tree Party is actually the key card in this deck for him; if things are tight he can give a decent 20-60 health boost to the entire team, which is a pretty good way to spend a turn midgame when I'm trying to outlast a rush deck. I've also found Noxious Firebrand pretty easy to break, either with a removal card or some side damage. 5th Degree Burn is a threat for anyone on my team, though, and my best answer is to switch out whoever was hit and heal back up a few turns later. That might win the game if my opponent used it early enough on Ninjini. Starting from Scrap is bothersome, but my gears aren't crucial to winning the game, so I can probably manage anyway. Surprise-A-Tech is a bother, though, and I realize I might be more at risk from a talented Jawbreaker player than I had thought. The undead element is interestingly unpredictable in terms of its specific mechanics, but predictably slow unless my opponent is using Roller Brawl, who Ninjini outright beats. 

Muting is, as you've said, an issue, and I've had some close calls with it before. I'll try posting my name on the forum! (It's the same as my username here.) 

After reading your well-thought-out reply, I think my choice of team to beat my own deck would probably be Hot Head (standard), Jet Vac, and Smash Hit, who might be able to trap someone other than Ninjini in front, though if that didn't work out I might try the more durable Hot Head, Crusher, Tree Rex or Ninjini, Hot Head, Jet Vac. (In part, this is because I'm not good enough with Jawbreaker to believe I could use him effectively!) 

Oh- another issue I've run into that would really throw a spanner in the works for my deck if used well is Chalk Albatross. It can completely stop Ninjini from being able to regain health, since I rely on being able to switch to Tree Rex to do that. Stick that in a deck with Hot Head or Jawbreaker and Ninjini is in for a pummeling.

Oh, believe me, if you pull off Jawbreaker right he is UNSTOPPABLE! The worst of his cards late game is the Virtual Ram. Why? Because at the end of the game, Jawbreaker can use it for a measely 2 Crystals and SMACK his opponents, especially if he then follows up with Power Pummel. And if has the Doublizer and you haven't wrecked it... you'd be lucky to see a Skylander survive!
Here's an example: Jawbreaker equips the Doublizer last turn and is at Rank 3. He swaps out. As an example, a Ninjini at Rank 3 uses Abra-Ka-STAB-Bra and jumps to 180 power. Jawbreaker swaps back and gains that Ninjini's 180 onto his power with Virtual Ram... he now has 520 power! With Power Pummel and his attack, can take out the entire opposing team!
In other words, a proper Jawbreaker is a threat if not dealt with quickly!
Signing out!